need help with H&R springs P/N

agotay84

Established Member
I picked up a set of used H&R race springs last night and just realized that they came off of a convertible and mine is a hard top. but the part number on the springs is 51659 which on H&R's site says they're for a hard top. now did I get lucky and get the correct springs or are these for a convertible? if they are for a convertible will they work ok on my car?:shrug:

RoyWoods

Established Member
I picked up a set of used H&R race springs last night and just realized that they came off of a convertible and mine is a hard top. but the part number on the springs is 51659 which on H&R's site says they're for a hard top. now did I get lucky and get the correct springs or are these for a convertible? if they are for a convertible will they work ok on my car?:shrug:

H&R doesn't make a "Race Spring" for the convertible. They only make the "Sport Spring" specifically for the convertibles. Regardless, you can put convertible springs on a coupe, but they will make your rear ride height slightly higher than the coupe version would have.

agotay84

Established Member
so is it worth puting these on if they're not gonna lower the car the way they should? should I sell these and pick up the rite set?

Users who are viewing this thread