Need help with Ignition problem (w/ video)

Tobra350

Established Member
Sounds like there is no fireing going on. Could it be the coil pack? or spark plugs? Any thoughts after viewing the video? Thanks for the help[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_1Bhp1zJNE"]YouTube - IMG 0514[/ame] this is a 97 cobra btw

Last edited:

mcaligiuri

Established Member
if thats a 4.6 then you either have a dead battery or no compression. it doesnt even sound promising. video would of helped to be longer

Four cam slam

Bacon Enthusiast
Established Member
That sounds like a broken timing chain.........
Pull the oil cap and have someone crank the engine. Watch for the cams turning. Hopefully they are..:??:

Tobra350

Established Member
Sounds good I will try this in the morning. Ps it's not the battery as we tried to jump start it and that didn't help. Sounds like it's not even turning over.

Tobra350

Established Member
Ok I checked down the oil drain while cranking the engine, and the cams are turning, which leads me to believe its not the timeing chain. (does this also rule out the starter) Also we unplugged one wire from the coil pack and there was a spark. I'm thinking it could be the cam sensor or the crank sensor. Any other sugestions? Thanks for the help...

Last edited:

909cobra

Established Member
are you throwing any codes? have spark. check for fuel pressure? might have a bad fuel pump?

Tobra350

Established Member
It does have a spark, and the fuel pump does turn on with they Key, Not throwing any codes

Last edited:

mcaligiuri

Established Member
do a compression check, that thing sounds like no compression, could of broke a keyway or something

Tobra350

Established Member
Well I just got it back from the shop and they said it was flooded with fuel. Aparently an injector had a small leak and flooded one valve. Quick fix. But now i need to replace the regulator and injectors so it doesn't happen again.

divided

Established Member
Well I just got it back from the shop and they said it was flooded with fuel. Aparently an injector had a small leak and flooded one valve. Quick fix. But now i need to replace the regulator and injectors so it doesn't happen again.

At least its nothing serious...

Users who are viewing this thread