Need help with Navigation installation, speed wire ..

Noisycow

Mods B4 Food and Water
Established Member
Eclipse AVN 5435 Nav/Cd/DVD unit installed....

Update: VSS/Speed wire goes to Black/gray wire in secondary harness. The Park wire gets grounded for DVD-in-Motion :thumbsup: and the reverse wire is not used (to trip a camera).

Last edited:

NeckBreaker

My signature sucks! ^
Established Member
i didn't hook my speed wire to anything, the GPS sensor that plugs into the unit should locate were you are, as far as the parking brake just ground to the other black wires on the wire harness so they are grounded and it works without the parking brake being down.. That is how mine is done and it works good, but I have a pioneer n1 unit, may be different

Noisycow

Mods B4 Food and Water
Established Member
Hmm, I'll ground the park wire, and the reverse wire - I don't care, that is for a rear camera trip relay ..... does anyone know where the VSS/Speed wire can go? According to a call I made to a dealer, if you don't hook up it the Nav will still function but will be less accurate.

Noisycow

Mods B4 Food and Water
Established Member
Eclipse AVN 5435 $1400 Ebay - awesome Nav/MP3/DVD unit

Installed it yesterday and will post pics when I find the damn USB cable to my camera.

This is the sweetest non-performance mod I've seen, very happy with it. It takes a little hacking and fitting, but can be made to look close to factory. The Navigation is great - it has BOTH drives so you can listen to Sirius Radio or CD while the Navigation is working. The 6.5" display fits 'right in the hole' and it is bright and clear. I grounded the 'park' wire so I can watch movies driving down the road!! LOL :thumbsup:

Special thanks to the F-150Online forum writer that posted pics of where to install the Sirius and Nav antennas - under the wiper cowling. I've given it the full 'drive up the trees test' and it does not cut out. Having all 'all Elvis' channel is hilarious stuff. :beer:

Noisycow

Mods B4 Food and Water
Established Member
PS - for those who care - to install Navigation - the VSS/speed wire goes to the Black/Grey were in the secondary/smaller harness that would normally run to the 6-disk CD changer in the back.

Users who are viewing this thread