Need help with On3 twin turbo purchase...

4camgt

Bleeding blue since 76'
Established Member
looking to purchase either twin or single with BB turbos and run open downpipe. the issue is I have a QA1 K AND arms, and obviously it states its built around the upr K. Just wondering if anybody has tried? or what is needed to make it work? besides changing K< I would rather keep my suspension... any help would be awesome.

JustinG60

Terminatorless : (
Established Member
you'll be fine with your tubular. i have done a decent amount of research and there's people on ModdedMustangs.com that have used their kit with various K members.

personally i would go single turbo instead of twin turbo because you wont to replace the serious components with something that wont fail in like a week or cause you to blow your motor from failing.

i.e. the wastegate, blow off valve, and turbos are chinese units you can get on ebay for next to nothing because they're best used as paper weights. mind you a good turbo isn't cheap so use the saved money going from twin to single for a good turbo, wastegate, and blow off valve.

JustinG60

Established Member
oh, i want to make sure my posts are correct and i left a bit of information out.

with the On3 turbo kit you MUST run front coil overs ...this is why multiple tubular cross members actually work but the QA1 has some "clearance issues" but have worked.

JustinG60

Established Member
oh, i want to make sure my posts are correct and i left a bit of information out.

with the On3 turbo kit you MUST run front coil overs ...this is why multiple tubular cross members actually work but the QA1 has some "clearance issues" but have worked.

just wanted to give a heads up... just read a thread where a person was fitting the On3 turbo kit with a QA1 K member. due to everyone saying the On3 stuff is a crapshoot if it will fit, that person's On3 forward facing turbo kit did not fit the QA1. they advised that the manifolds hit the K member before the motor was set back in place.

looks like best bet is to buy their god only knows who made it K member or the UPR K member the kit was designed for even though i have seen people run On3 with the QA1 on ModdedMustangs. i know the original kit was designed with the QA1 but can't say for the twin setup.

Users who are viewing this thread