Need help with part

GHRVENOM

Established Member
Well I was unscrewing the coolant crossover bolt/plug to purge the system when I droped it and now it's no where to be found. I have two local Ford dealerships and one says I have to order the whole upper intake for like $900.00 and the other says the bolt is out of production. Anyone know the part number for this or where I can get one? Thanks.

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
No idea on part # but I would imagine you can go to any local hardware store and pick up a plug with the same thread to plug it up. Or pick up a used crossover tube from a member on here and just use the plug. Cheaper than $900 for a new manifold lol

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Part # F3LY-8A500-A and it'll run you about $20 bucks.

Call Steve at Tousley 800-328-9552

He has them in stock.

Also, give that part # to your local dealer and see if they have any available locally.

Ken

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Why replace it with that stock POS? I have std replacement crossover plugs in stock ready to ship. Use a 1" wrench to install and remove the new plug. Similar to the pic below but untapped. Mine also costs $20 SHIPPED!

GHRVENOM

Established Member
Thanks guys I replaced it with a Home Depot plumbing plug but am having problems with the coolant spewing out ot the resorvoir after driving her a while. Head gasket was repaired but still spewing coolant after long or hard drives. Any idea what might be causing this? I drilled the hole in the thermostat and placed it in the 12 o clock position and then filled up the cooling system through the crossover tube and when at level at resorvoir capped it and let car run with coolant crossover tube open at top. After a while I capped it and let it keep runningt. Anything wrong there?

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Thanks guys I replaced it with a Home Depot plumbing plug but am having problems with the coolant spewing out ot the resorvoir after driving her a while. Head gasket was repaired but still spewing coolant after long or hard drives. Any idea what might be causing this? I drilled the hole in the thermostat and placed it in the 12 o clock position and then filled up the cooling system through the crossover tube and when at level at resorvoir capped it and let car run with coolant crossover tube open at top. After a while I capped it and let it keep runningt. Anything wrong there?

You may have an air bubble in the coolant system somewhere. I had the same problem and coolant would come otu of the overflow. I bled the system more and no issues so far.

Users who are viewing this thread