Need help with suspension mods...

Red&Ready13

Established Member
I recently lowered my 13 gt with sportlines...I have gt500 mounts and caster camber plates...for the rear I have the adjustable PHB...However I have read that if you are lowered more than 1.5 inches you drastically change pinion angles and can eventually hurt the car... My question is how can I avoid that? UPA'S or LCA'S? Please help all input is accepted..

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Adjustable upper controls arms, adjustable lowers, relocation brackets and you'll need a upper mount on for the upper control arm to get everything dialed in well. Lowering these cars right isn't cheap.

image002.jpg

Last edited:

Azrael

Úlfhéðnar
Established Member
I have gt500 mounts and caster camber plates...

You have both GT500 mounts and Caster/Camber plates? Or GT500 mounts and camber bolts?

Pinion angle is mainly for traction, is the relationship angle of the drive shift to the pinion (you want generally about 2 degrees of angle), and can in these cars be corrected with an adjustible Upper Control Arm and mount. Are you still using the OEM driveshaft or a solid/single replacement? The Adjustible lower control arms and relocation brackets will also help with traction as shown above by changing how the rear end reacts under acceleration, and should help with the wheel hop problem on hard launches.

Last edited:

Jabooh1

Established Member
Adjustable LCA with relocation bracket. Adjustable UCA with bracket.

LCA will help your roll center at launch
UCA will help your wheel hop and traction

Red&Ready13

Established Member
Sorry yeah I have Gt500 Mounts and camber bolts... and am withing factory spec with alignment

scott_0

Established Member
Sorry yeah I have Gt500 Mounts and camber bolts... and am withing factory spec with alignment

do yourself a favor and ditch the camber bolts, they work but are dangerous as they are very small and could snap, flip the gt500 mounts so the arrows point IN and you'll gain back some of the camber you lost from lowering

Users who are viewing this thread