Need help with the keypad on drivers door

o0QuikSilver0o

Established Member
Well I got my truck home. The thing is that the dealer didn't give me a owners manual.. I want to reset the combo to unlock the door. I currently don't know it. Can any of you help me out and tell me how to reset this?

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Straight from the shop manual.

You will need to know the factory keyless entry code to programm a new code. If you do not know the code just PM your Vin # and I can look it up in Fords data base, as long as the module has not been changed.

Keyless Entry Keypad Code Programming

1. Enter the permanent factory keyless entry keypad code.

2. Press the 1/2 button within five seconds to activate the programming mode. Holding the 1/2 button for more than two seconds after activation will erase the stored customer code. The door locks will lock, then unlock, confirming the code is erased. The existing code will not need to be erased to program new a code.

3. Within five seconds, enter the new five-digit keyless entry keypad code. The door locks will lock and unlock to confirm the new code is programmed.

txyaloo

Established Member
It sounds like you don't have the factory code. If you don't have it, look on the RAP (Remote Anti-theft Personality) module. It's on top of the firewall directly behind the fuse box.

You should be able to see it when you lie on your back in the driver floor area with your head close to the brake pedal. Just look up and you'll see it is clearly marked. The sticker on it shows the factory-set access code for your truck.

Once you get the factory code from the sticker, you can use the instructions above to program your own code.

o0QuikSilver0o

Established Member
Cool thanks, I'll go out and try that... I'm gonna try to have the dealer give me the manual... Its kind of stupid to buy a car from some one and not get the manual... The certificate from SVT I'll get eventually too. :)

MattSVTCobra

Established Member
txyaloo said:
You should be able to see it when you lie on your back in the driver floor area with your head close to the brake pedal. Just look up and you'll see it is clearly marked. The sticker on it shows the factory-set access code for your truck. QUOTE]
thats it

MattSVTCobra

Established Member
txyaloo said:
You should be able to see it when you lie on your back in the driver floor area with your head close to the brake pedal. Just look up and you'll see it is clearly marked. The sticker on it shows the factory-set access code for your truck.

Thats it

Users who are viewing this thread