Need help your with Cobra value

waldo

Established Member
First off, sorry for the typo in the title. It should read, "Need your help with Cobra value." Apparently starting a new thread while your two-year old is jumping on you isn't a good idea. If the administrator could fix it, I would appreciate it.

I'm looking at upgrading, and I'm debating selling my beloved '96 Cobra to make the purchase a little easier. I would appreciate your inputs to determine how much my '96 Cobra is worth in today's market. Here's the specs:

'96 black/black coupe
22,000 original miles
body and paint are all original (minor rock chips here and there)
interior is all original
Griggs K-member, coil overs, panhard rod, torque arm, CC plates
Kooks long tube headers, Dr Gas X-pipe, Dynomax catback
WMS CAI, Accufab TB, PHP Stage II intake, IMRC delete
pullies, shifter, 3.73 gears, 275 BFG on FMS Cobra R's

I'm just trying to gauge the value of the car to see if I could get anything out of it if I sold it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

waldo

Last edited:

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
I'de say $14-$15K (not that you'll get that, but that's what it's worth IMO). Reason I say that is because you have VERY high-dollar mods on there, not the average BBK and UPR stuff. Plus, the mileage is so low.

coolguy10786

Established Member
If you decided to return it to stock before you were to sell, i would be interested in some of the parts;-)

97snake

Attorney at Law
Established Member
Id say 14-15K too. With a car like that I think I'ds place it for sale in several diferent mediums (auto shopper, ebay, svtperformance, stangnet, corral, ect).
Also, if you can you should try and hold out and get what its worth.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Very nice mod list man.

It's worth that but you'll have to hold out and wait for a buyer that WANTS it.

Your average run of the mill guy isn't gonna pay that and most won't have a need for your set up.

JMO

97cobraheaven

Established Member
i agree with the crowd, it will be almost impossible to sell it for what it is worth. ebay seems to do real well on cars with low mileage and getting the price up to $14-15k. I have seen a few get up there. good luck, i have been tryin to sell mine for 8 months now and probably just gonna keep the damn thing. cant really complain about it cause it is bad ass!

97cobraheaven

Established Member
i agree with the crowd, it will be almost impossible to sell it for what it is worth. ebay seems to do real well on cars with low mileage and getting the price up to $14-15k. I have seen a few get up there. good luck, i have been tryin to sell mine for 8 months now and probably just gonna keep the damn thing. cant really complain about it cause it is bad ass!

waldo

Established Member
Gents,

Thanks for the replies. I think I have a pretty good idea where to market her if I decide to put her up for sale.

cheers,
waldo

amorrow

Established Member
I don't think you should have problems getting offers in the low teens, however there are people out there who will pay a premium for a superb low-mileage, tastefully modded, SN95 Cobra. FWIW, someone made a serious offer of $20K a few months ago for my Cobra, but mine has hardly any road wear, rock chips, etc.

waldo

Established Member
winged avenger said:
so What are you selling it for ??

Do you mean price or reason for selling?

I'll probably list it for $15K and see if I get any interest. I'm in no hurry to sell it, and I'm not looking to give the car away. I wouldn't need to have it sold until I return from a deployment next summer.

If you were wondering about my reason for selling, I'm hoping to swing a GT next year.

Cheers,
waldo

Users who are viewing this thread