need help

94Mustang302

Long Live 302...
Established Member
hey guys, this is just a random thought of mine. can some of u post up some of your stock or near stock 5.0 times? ive never been to he strip before so i dont know first hand what we can run. also, i was asking around and were supposed to run lo-mid 15's. if this is true, then a V6 can run with us. just wondering if u can help me out with this. :shrug: maybe this is a dumb but its bothering me.

Last edited:

88mustanggt

Established Member
sadly this is true. most times are around 15.3 seconds. although with some slight mods you can take off some time. i have underdrive pulleys, fenderwell cold air intake, headers, off-road h-pipe, and flowmaster cat back, and i can beat 350z's and g35's. so it doesn't cost that much to make your car faster. another thing you could do is install a new set of gears in the rear end.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
I don't have 1/4 mile times unfortunately but when I had 3.73's, headers, offroad X, flows, cold air, and pulleys, I did a 9.59 @ 74 with a 2.4 60ft time. I couldn't hook up for shit with street tires, hence the 60ft time, and I had an awful exhaust leak at the time.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
5.0s are cheap nowadays but thats the beauty of them. You buy one and can use the extra money to add some more horses onto it and most of the upgrades are fairly easy to install.

94Mustang302

Long Live 302...
Established Member
thanks for replying guys. i im glad to have figured this out. 88mustangGT, nice job on killing the g35. i actually outran one the other day too. i was kinda proud of that lol. but thats the main reason why i was aking this question. im hanging with the new 4.6 GTs too. obviously theyre pretty much bone stock exept for intake and exhaust, so i was just wondering. thanks again. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread