need help!

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
ok recently ive been looking for a daily driver and found something that caught my interest so I went and looked at it... Its a 96 cobra, however it has a regular gt motor and trans because idk why lol. Id imagine someone along the line was too cheap when they blew the motor. Ok so I looked at the car today, the car is bone stock, the body is straight paint is fine for 10 years old. Has 2 main problems that I need to figure out. First is when you accelerate and press on the gas it ticks, like tick tick tick tick tick tick until you let off the gas. it doesnt do it at idle, only when you push the gas. The guy says its an exhaust leak. Is this most likely the case? if so how big of a deal is this and what should I do? The other thing is the air bag light is on. He says the airbags in but ya idk why its on. the car has obv not been in an accident and has a clear title. please help me on this. I need some info ASAP so any help is very appreciated! sorry for the long post and questions. thanks in advance :beer:

Boss75

Shoot first
Established Member
Dude check the VIN! It's highly probably that it's a GT with Cobra body pieces.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
Either it is a fake, which then means it is really up to you if you want it or not... ticking coming from the engine is never really a good thing. Or it is a Cobra with a gt motor, in which case a Frankenstein car is never a good daily driver.

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
its not a fobra its real trust me I know my cobras... any thoughts on the problems? The price is pretty good too. thanks for the thoughts guys

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
SVTCOBRAKID said:
its not a fobra its real trust me I know my cobras... any thoughts on the problems? The price is pretty good too. thanks for the thoughts guys

Horsecrap! unless you have checked the VIN you cannot be sure it is real. and if it IS a real cobra with a GT engine and trans why would you want it?

You say it is bone stock .. I hate to tell you this but if the motor and trans have been replaced .. it is no longer bone stock. Post up the first 8 numbers of the VIN ...

EITHER way, it doesn't matter what the problems are .. you do not want this car. and If you do buy it, in spite of the advice given here ... my recommendation is to NEVER EVER post anying on SVTP complaining about it or asking advice on how to fix things. You will likely get moved to smackdown and get blasted there LOL

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
:poke:
SVTCOBRAKID said:
97WHITEVENOM said:
Or it is a Cobra with a gt motor, in which case a Frankenstein car is never a good daily driver.

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
no the 8th letter is not an x... the guy will let it go for 3. I dont mind the frankenstein cause I dont have much money haha. just worried about it being relialbe. Plus I have plans to change the motor when money allows. Seems like I should prob still stay away though.

Users who are viewing this thread