need help

97chargedcobra

Established Member
i just installed 80lb injectors hpx maf blowthrough intercooler and blowoff valve having prob with new base tune.Car seems to be running extreamly rich at idle wants to stall after it starts to warm up.I did notice exhaust leak bank 1 and my bov fluttering as i throttle car. any suggestions on whats going on?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Watch the STFT's. Adjust as needed. Mine was really rich when I first put the 80's in. Enough to have raw gas dripping from the plug when I pulled it out. I think I had to pull 20 or 25% just to get it to idle.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

97chargedcobra

Established Member
Having a issue with bank1 lean and bank 2 rich what would cause that?my tuner said its a mechanical issue would the header leak on bank 1 so cause it? Also my bov is not staying open in vacuum it flutters

Last edited:

96snake719

Established Member
Im having the same problems, same MAF blow through, but with 60's. My tuner also said it was a mechanical issue but I dont believe it. be interesting to see what you guys have to say. My STFT never move off of 1??

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
hard to say without a datalog. IF you're in open loop then stft's won't tell you shit. Who set up the base tune? It sounds to me like your base tune is just really far off. fix your exhaust leak first then datalog.

97chargedcobra

Established Member
hard to say without a datalog. IF you're in open loop then stft's won't tell you shit. Who set up the base tune? It sounds to me like your base tune is just really far off. fix your exhaust leak first then datalog.

Justin at vmptuning did base tune. I did datalog and bank 1 was .75 and bank 2 was 1.25

97chargedcobra

Established Member
I dont believe car was warmed up all the way.my bov is right after blower before intercooler my maf is right before throttle body.

Users who are viewing this thread