NEED!!!!! Hood Hints

CAROLINACRAZY

Established Member
:-? I am thinking of buying a ramair hood for my 99 lightning but I am concerned about how much rain water the hood allows because i have to drive my truck to work everyday and that includes in the rain. If anyone has one of these hoods please let me know how you like it and if there is a way i can close off the ramair to keep the water out. I am just going to use it for looks only. THANK YOU. :xxplode:

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
I just ordered my hood from Jim, (taking advantage that my truck is in the body shop) and to be honest I wish the holes were bigger! Iknow what you mean when you say that water can get in there, but when you think about it the hood is slanted down so when your driving very little if any water would get in there.(I think) and when the truck is parked the water should just roll down your waxed shiny hood.Anyway I can't wait till Jim finishes the Ram Air system he's working on to make these hoods truly functional.
Long Live JDM.........

~ever~

Established Member
Originally posted by 2001SVTMAN
I just ordered my hood from Jim, (taking advantage that my truck is in the body shop) and to be honest I wish the holes were bigger! Iknow what you mean when you say that water can get in there, but when you think about it the hood is slanted down so when your driving very little if any water would get in there.(I think) and when the truck is parked the water should just roll down your waxed shiny hood.Anyway I can't wait till Jim finishes the Ram Air system he's working on to make these hoods truly functional.
Long Live JDM.........

Can you tell me about that Ram Air hood Jim is working on???

Smok'n L

Established Member
Carolina,
I got the Cervini ram air hood and I love it looks great!! Water big deal, Its not like ur flooding the engine w/ a hose My engine just gets the little water spots on the chrome pieces thats about it. Still looking for something to clean that engine compartment good w/o too much cleaning by hand cause that takes TOO LONG!!:sleeping:
Later
Smok'n L

1badtk

Established Member
finishedhood.jpg

airbox2.jpg

Just finished mine, and have been driving in the rain for two days now. Seams most of the water drains out the bottom of my air box. Can't drive real fast in the rain so it doesn't appear to be a problem. I have a 6" x 6" hole in the hood feeding a Air Raid air box with a 12" Power Stack filter in it.

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
According to Jim he's been working on this ram air kit to fit the cervini ram air hood.He didn't go into detail though, but I know it will kick ass, just like every other product he develops.

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
1badtk - I like that setup. :D :D :D Where did you get the scoop on the hood? I can see how that would work ok in the rain. It looks like you are just dumping fresh air into the airbox and not tryinig to force the are into the filter/intake. That sould be a really sweet setup.

How about a pic of the underside of the hood?

1badtk

Established Member
hoodbox.jpg

Scoop is 1/2 of a set of Lund "Eclipse" Hood Scoops with the mouth opened up to a max of 11 sq. ins.

Also allows for cooler air while at the track. Track temp can get as high as 100 degrees at bumper level on a 85 degree day and this allows for 85 degree air into the intake, which is better than 130 degree air from under the hood off the motor. Its proven itself at WOT on the highway, and at the track.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread