need host - 2001 z06 vs. 2003 cobra!!

03cobraracer

Established Member
my gt 40 setup on my 89 makes like 275 on motor, cobra intake, cast iron gt40 heads, and a e303 cam, with 6lbs of boost with my vortech i make 340 to the wheels, i race a 03 cobra one night on the parkway, he def had exhaust, but idk what else, and i pulled a half a car on him... i think he was mostly stock though. was a nice race...now i also own a sonic blue 03 cobra...hehe

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
Originally posted by 03cobraracer
my gt 40 setup on my 89 makes like 275 on motor, cobra intake, cast iron gt40 heads, and a e303 cam, with 6lbs of boost with my vortech i make 340 to the wheels, i race a 03 cobra one night on the parkway, he def had exhaust, but idk what else, and i pulled a half a car on him... i think he was mostly stock though. was a nice race...now i also own a sonic blue 03 cobra...hehe
I had my stock 5.0 gt40 head and intake, cammed...and 90mm air meter and 90mm throttle body. 316 whp. You must have had something set up wrong making only 275 all motor. I now have a 347 in it with basically the same setup moddified to fit the 347 428hp to the wheels.

Last edited:

HAVOC

Established Member
Great Video, Graet races! thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

I recorded a very simular race just a couple of hours ago. a lightly modded 02 z06 vs a modded 03... vid will be up tomrorow.

02cobraguy

Established Member
I'm the cobra owner.... yeah, they were fun races.. I haven't driven my car in about 2 months... I guess that can explain the poor driving, but no excuses... I had a good time.

G-Z06

"GHOST MACHINE"
Established Member
everyone has off days bro.

Your car sounds and looks badass.

Dont worry about it ;)

Even the best miss shifts sometimes

G

2000-S6

Established Member
nice kill!
i had no idea that the 385's were that much slower than the 405 Z06's.???
most of the the races I've seen between the two cars with similar mods went to the Z06 from a roll.
that was the hardest running I/E cobra I have ever seen too.
nice kill.

02cobraguy

Established Member
Originally posted by 2000-S6
nice kill!
i had no idea that the 385's were that much slower than the 405 Z06's.???
most of the the races I've seen between the two cars with similar mods went to the Z06 from a roll.
that was the hardest running I/E cobra I have ever seen too.
nice kill.

we'll run again sometime soon where you can actually see me drive it right... I would suggest go from a dig, but I do have the tire advantage....

dtd01svt

Established Member
Originally posted by G-Z06
you run a 12.1...

You couldnt have "smoked" a stock Z06 that bad

Nice Video bro.

Those mustangs sound wicked at higher revs.

G
Sounded like a Z06 owner:rolleyes: .....

Anyway, I even had a buddy in the car with me. And besides, ya I run a 12.1 AT THE TRACK!!! I will admit Im not that great of a driver at the track because I've only used the DR's 3 times.

But if you ever want to come to "C-Town" I'd gladly take the chance in "smoking" you. :-D

terminated

Established Member
For whatever reason the video link doesn't work for me? I downloaded it and it doesn't play. It tries to save it as a text file. Yet the extension is .wmv

Users who are viewing this thread