Need ideas for my 87 Coupe

GodStang

Established Member
I know this is a SVT site but many of yall have had Fox bodies or have been around them. I have a 1987 Coupe that I am getting ready to drop a 351w in. I have everything for the engine so that is not my issue. My issue is we are getting ready to soda blast it and paint it. I need ideas for paint scheme, what bumpers look good, what colors look good, what hood and most of all what people have done instead of running the lame side molding. I just do not like the looks of it. I have searched google tons but just trying to find more info/ideas on what to do to make it look good. I like a sleeper look and debadging it and was thinking of doing Grabber blue with dual black racing stripes. Any ideas on making this a sweet looking coupe.

This is how it is now except hood is gone and rear spoiler is gone.

IMG_1873.jpg

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I'd use the smallest cowl you can without hitting the intake. Kaenan (SP) makes/made really nice hoods and you could get a lot of different heights.

I'd shave everything and go with the new Zr1 artic white paint.
Just clean and simple.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
Big and littles, and a 3 inch cowl hood with no spoiler. Either black, yellow, or competition orange. LX's don't have much going for them in the looks department, so make it look like a hot rod. It's like a modern version of a 32 coupe. Not feeling the smurf grabber blue color though. Maybe on grandma's 56 chevy.

Last edited:

svtaddict

Established Member
how about 85-86 gt moldings i like those alot more. cowl hood and nice polished tips in the back. lose the wing

sdg97232

Established Member
If it was mine.....

Wingless, dark tint, 5 lug 4 wheel disc swap w/ 13" cobra brakes, 3" cowl hood, 17" weld RTS for track, 18" Roush stage 3 for street use.

I never can pick one color here's some of my favorites.....

Corvette jetstream blue, bright Atlantic blue, dark highland green, comp orange, oxford white.

kwiksilver

Established Member
ford sterling grey,tints,lose the wing and get new stock looking wheels in 17 at americanmuscle,get 17x10 for the back,no scoop.
my 10cents.
ks

GodStang

Established Member
Love the Welds!! For those wondering the rear spoiler and truck lid it was on are gone. Traded it for a set of Victor Jr. heads.

What do people do for side molding replacement. Not sure I want to put mine back on. Anyone got any pics?

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
Everyone runs a cowl hood these days. I would run a hood with a different forward facing scoop or scoops. I am old enough to remember when the only thing with a cowl hood had GM on it. My fox has a fully functional ram air hood and induction system on it.

The Snake

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Fox 5.0

Established Member
For just the hood aspect, something i've been wanting to do that my buddy with an 89LX did was buy a newer GT500 hood vent and fab it up in the front area of his stock hood to use it as a functional hood vent. It looked freakin awesome... and different.

Users who are viewing this thread