need info about the rear end "tink"

jimh

Established Member
I've got 1800 miles on my 03 and I've got a 'tink' sound coming from the rear when I first start moving after going in reverse.

I know this is a common problem with the cobras so I'm not worried about it, but I would like as much info as possible to take with me to the dealer. Any TSBs or possible write ups would be very helpful.

I also think I may have the head tick. I only have 1800 miles on it but it's made the sound for a while and I used to chalk it up to injectors. I've recently noticed that I don't really hear it that much form the passenger side like I do from the drivers side. From the passenger side I just seem to hear injectors which is a much faster clicking sound. It may not be the "head tick" but if anyone has any information on that I'd appreciate that too. I'll be doing searches for that as well.

I don't know the popular name for the rear end tink, but I'm going to try searching for that too.

jim

eddiemel30

Established Member
whats your eng built date.if it was built before nov 02 you probably qualify for the head replacement but if your eng was built after that date good luck on trying to get it fix it would take an act of congress.latest update is that they aint no date on the head issue so if i was you just take it to your dealer so it can be put on record .tsb www.blueovalnews.com p.s my eng#built 3/20/03 got what seems like the tick it does it when the veh is hot you can only hear it during idle but when rpms are up you barely hear it.and no it aint no injectors it sounds like valve tap.

Users who are viewing this thread