Need Insight on Bassani and Flowmaster Pro for LT no cat/res coyote

Jvibe92

Established Member
Right now I have kooks longtubes and their offroad h pipe with lethal gen2 OAP. I tried kooks axlebacks and I don't like the sound. It's perfect for those who want to be middle of the pack in sound but I need more. I feel it's just too tame.

How are bassani for loudness, drone, small load driving, etc throughout the rpm band.

I actually like the sound flowmaster makes so that's why I put the pro series for consideration since the outlaws would be too much I think. I do not want s types because I thought they didn't sound that great.

Jvibe92

Established Member
For those who care. Here are my experiences

Borla touring is too muffled and tame
Magnaflow race makes it boomingly loud
Kooks makes it deep at idle but low on the decibels and sometimes too muffled from 1-3k. At WOT it's comparable to gt500s but deeper with a better tone

vortecd

Established Member
The biggest issue is what someone thinks sounds good, you don't or I. I don't like loud so right now I have stock mufflers with long tubes and cat deletes and no resonators. I had Magnaflows on it before the headers and cat deletes and liked them but sold them before I had changed the exhaust. Hookers didn't sound to bad but a little loud for my liking. Dynomax ultraflows were too loud and really didn't sound good. My Roush's were already too loud before removing the cat's so the stockers went on before I did that. I have a set of GT500 coming to try. I want a little deeper then stock so hoping these will be what I'm looking for

My 2001 Bullitt with long tubes, cat deletes and Magnaflows is still by far the best exhaust I have heard. Also everyone that heard it said the same. Can't get the sound with these new cars probably since the mufflers are at the back of the car

Nuar

Established Member
I have ARH LTs, offroad H, resonated stock ota pipes and bassani mufflers. They are very tame at all around driving, no drone. They get loud at WOT.
I like them a lot!

Jvibe92

Established Member
that's what sucks about things that are subjective. But do you have a video of your ARH and offroad H set up

jn2

Established Member
I have Bassani race axle back, its a lot louder than my Gt500's were, at idle they are about the same though. 6th gear 2k rpm there is drone when trying to maintain speed, but if you accelerate it goes away.

Jvibe92

Established Member
So compared to other axlebacks, are they considered on the louder end of the spectrum?

Nuar

Established Member
[youtube_browser]C66BT2ETyYI[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]i6ODSq1NYjA[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]QAgjKfB_3Xk[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread