Need Motor And Shop!!!

DonkeyTuna

Idn't dat sump'n!
Established Member
All right MACA....I need your help! Most of you know that I am struggling to get my 01 back on the road. :cryying:

She has been diagnosed with a "spun main crank bearing on cylinder #6" :shrug:

I need a recommendation for a place to take her where I/we can work on her to get her done right and within budget.

She will more then likely need to have her bottom end rebuilt.

OR

I need someone to sell me a rebuilt bottom end.

:??:

Ok MACA....lets see what we can come up with :beer:

EVILNSS

EVILNSS
Established Member
I get my work done by Excessive Motorsport, there all great people!!!

Call Torey up 703-331-1422 hes a great guy to get info from.

There in Manassas, Va.

TRBO VNM

I could work something out with you. I don't have motors. I know lethal has those 2 I posted before, but there are terminator motors and the front covers are different than the 01's.

give me a call if you would like.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
One of the best short block values out there is Johnny Lightning Performance......Very good quality, reasonable pricing.

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
IronTerp said:
One of the best short block values out there is Johnny Lightning Performance......Very good quality, reasonable pricing.
+1 on that Dwight,,,he gives discounts for the MACA.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
IronTerp said:

Will JLP pretty much build anything you want for a decent price? I've been pondering over buying that teksid block and crank from Jason (Tim's 98 motor) and throwin it in my car so I can turn up the boost. Nothin crazy, just wanna hold up to 5-600hp just in case.

Other shops I've heard great things about are VT engines and Modular Powerhouse in GA. Those two shops have worked together on motors and I believe work separately now, but are very cooperative with each other. I'd talk to both just to see what kinda deal you can get.

TRBO VNM

sunburned said:
Will JLP pretty much build anything you want for a decent price? I've been pondering over buying that teksid block and crank from Jason (Tim's 98 motor) and throwin it in my car so I can turn up the boost. Nothin crazy, just wanna hold up to 5-600hp just in case.

Other shops I've heard great things about are VT engines and Modular Powerhouse in GA. Those two shops have worked together on motors and I believe work separately now, but are very cooperative with each other. I'd talk to both just to see what kinda deal you can get.

not so fast my friend....that motor is staying put...hehehe

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
sunburned said:

If you're not in a big hurry - Al Papitto (Boss330).....:burnout:

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
sunburned said:
Yup Dale.......Anything you want. I'd definately go aluminum block. :beer:

DonkeyTuna

Idn't dat sump'n!
Established Member
Antex said:
If you're not in a big hurry - Al Papitto (Boss330).....:burnout:

No I am not in a huge hurry...I'm guessing I can stomach completion over the next 2 or 3 months...

What does Al do and where? I guess i could just PM him this link and see what he's got to say.

DonkeyTuna

Idn't dat sump'n!
Established Member
IronTerp said:

Thanks Dwight...I'll call them and see how reasonable their prices are and if they even have anything in-stock and readily available.

TRBO VNM

Al won't be easy to get a hold of. he rarely gets online and I think if he does it is on the corral. I was told call him at his shop before 10am and usually you get him. I think Matt was calling him every 15min or so until he got him.

Users who are viewing this thread