Need my laser red repainted

600RRgoal

Established Member
Happy holidays everyone!

Where's the best place to take my laser red Cobra for a repaint in southeastern PA? I don't have a lot of money to spend but I want it looking a lot better than it does right now (paint it and get rid of dings too).

I'm either thinking of repainting the entire car laser red OR doing a two-tone (top half black, bottom half laser red).

Any suggestions on where I can take my Cobra?

PureStang

Established Member
one solid color would look teh best. i dont like the 2 tone.

Untitled-1copy.gif

TRBO VNM

if the whole car is setup nice, meaning the pic above I think would look 100x better with nice wheels, tinted windows, etc. just the little things, I like the 2 tone.

chris, snakestang has one like that. looks really nice.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
One thing to know about paint is the cost is all about the prep for a quality job. Long time ago I saved alot of money by removing the trim and Scotch Brighting the paint. Other than prep it is mostly about the tape job.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
There is alot of work that goes into it post paint as well. Good prep is very important, as is taking the time to properly wet-sand the car afterwards and remove all of the imperfections.

You most definatly get what you pay for with paint work...don't go cheap, or you'll regret it.

SPRAYED DAILY

MACA
Established Member
600RRgoal said:
Happy holidays everyone!

Where's the best place to take my laser red Cobra for a repaint in southeastern PA? I don't have a lot of money to spend but I want it looking a lot better than it does right now (paint it and get rid of dings too).

I'm either thinking of repainting the entire car laser red OR doing a two-tone (top half black, bottom half laser red).

Any suggestions on where I can take my Cobra?

Knights Collision Center in Bensalem (25mins north east of Philly). Thats where my car is right now, its where we take all our company vehicles to since we know the owner. They handle alot of high end cars (aston martins, vipers, ferraris, etc.) and do a great job.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
TripleBlack95 said:
Let me know where you end up going. I might have some paint work done in the Spring.

If you're in No Va, I suggest checking out Larry Lomax, owner of Superior Auto Body in Manassas. He matched one whole side of my Bright Atlantic Blue perfectly. :D Done a bunch of custom Mustangs.
(But don't be in a hurry). :nono:

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
gcassidy said:
If you're in No Va, I suggest checking out Larry Lomax, owner of Superior Auto Body in Manassas. He matched one whole side of my Bright Atlantic Blue perfectly. :D Done a bunch of custom Mustangs.
(But don't be in a hurry). :nono:

Cool. I had a place in Mannassas do my previous work on the GT but it was a custom job and was supposed to go back to get things tweaked (which I never did, sold the car). But I'm real anal about paint and if its not up to par I don't do second chances. I'll check em out though. I just HATE driving on 28 towards Manasshole.

Users who are viewing this thread