need new clutch, help please?

fordracerguy

Mustang Geek
Established Member
Hey guys. I have an 04 Cobra. The only big power mod it has is a 3.1 pulley and the K&N FIPK...

I want a new clutch, but don't want to spend a lot of money, like the $900 Centerforce DFX... What clutches are there out there that are stronger than stock yet cheap? How would a centerforce dual friction hold up? Lastly, i'm aiming for easier pedal effort. My Knee is killing me lately.

Chris

Hye

Established Member
Have you thought about getting a firewall/quadrant adjuster before you swap the clutch? I went with fiore, works really well with the stock clutch. Although this stock clutch is stiff, it's one hell of a tough clutch for a factory clutch. I beat on it pretty good when it's at the drags as well. 1.63 60 ft. on the stock clutch, at irwindale raceway.

fordracerguy

Mustang Geek
Established Member
Already have it. I have the whole steeda setup. Quadrant, Firewall Adjuster and cable.. It helped with pedal pressure a bit, but I think it's just my clutch. I've driven 2 other 04 cobras and the pedal effort was less.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Got the Centerforce Dual Friction Kits in stock and on sale for $340 Shipped **Includes a new TOB. Give me a call and I'll make sure to take good care of ya..Jared
fordracerguy said:
Hey guys. I have an 04 Cobra. The only big power mod it has is a 3.1 pulley and the K&N FIPK...

I want a new clutch, but don't want to spend a lot of money, like the $900 Centerforce DFX... What clutches are there out there that are stronger than stock yet cheap? How would a centerforce dual friction hold up? Lastly, i'm aiming for easier pedal effort. My Knee is killing me lately.

Chris

fordracerguy

Mustang Geek
Established Member
I appreciate it guys! That is a great price!

I have a local mustang shop and if they don't have any in stock i'll order one for sure!

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread