Need new tips.

Stater212

Established Member
IMG_3543.jpgIMG_3511.jpgReally needing to get new tips for the car currently have 3 inch rolled on my 3 inch Mac. They look way too small to me and stick out an obnoxious amount. Where would I go about getting new tips and which styles does everyone like? Pretty sure I want 4''. Would I trim my pipes back from the bumper to get the tips to be as recessed as I want them? Pictures of different styles and sizes would be a huge help.

Thank You!

cj428mach

Established Member
I ditched my magnaflows for some slps a while back. To me the rolled lip of the slps make them look the best.

If you end up liking the slps order the tips directly from them as you can get them with the hangars welded on instead of the universal style tips with no hangars. The price is the same so it makes sense to get the hangars.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
Measure the length of the tips on your tail pipes. Find a good length that would be good to cut ( nice and flat to the bumper exit hole) Then go on summit and search for tips (you can narrow it down by pretty much anything) I personally went with doubled walled tips. I use to have 3'' tips on on 3'' cb but it didnt look right and just like you they stuck out too far so I cut them off. I got a clamp on style tip (ended up being flowmaster) but I just clamped it on to where I wanted it then had a welding buddy tack on a few welds where the tip met the tail pipe. I just cut the mount off of the old one and had him weld it on to the new ones as well

https://www.summitracing.com/search...tKeywordMatch&SortOrder=Ascending&keyword=tip

01yellercobra

Established Member
Did Mac get rid of the adjustable tips? On the system I had you could adjust how far out the tips stuck. If you can pull them in closer to the bumper you might be happier with them.

MG0h3

Established Member
My car came with the Basani slach cut or whatever they are called. My favorite so far.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I like my Bassani 4" tips ... Dynomax makes a real nice rolled 4" tip that can be purchased at Summit Racing at a good price!

Stater212

Established Member
Did Mac get rid of the adjustable tips? On the system I had you could adjust how far out the tips stuck. If you can pull them in closer to the bumper you might be happier with them.

That was the first thing I tried but they won't slide back any further than they already are.

Stater212

Established Member
I ditched my magnaflows for some slps a while back. To me the rolled lip of the slps make them look the best.

If you end up liking the slps order the tips directly from them as you can get them with the hangars welded on instead of the universal style tips with no hangars. The price is the same so it makes sense to get the hangars.

I can't find a 3'' in 4'' out on slp's website. What size is your setup? Do you have pictures?

Stater212

Established Member
From what I've gathered I'm pretty set on 4'' now its rolled on slash cut. I've even seen some that aren't rolled and straight cut any one have pictures of 4" and any of the previous mentioned cuts?

MG0h3

Established Member
best ive got showing the tips.

Looks like you're running 4"? You have an SRA? About how much tip is sticking out on top before getting to the black cut out portion of the bumper?

Nope, still IRS. I just measured and they are 4" While looking down from above, they stick out past the black portion of the rear bumper @3/4" or so

Boogie Chillin

Pew, pew, ... pew, pew, pew.
Established Member
Would you be interested in a new set of Borla Touring/Sting 4" tips? I'm looking to get $100 + shipping and PP fees out of them. PM me for details.

Users who are viewing this thread