Need new tires!

99 svtcobra

Hey guys,

I usually change my brand of tires every 2 sets. I already ran the firestone firehawks twice, the goodyear gs d3 twice, bfg kdw2s twice and now i am in need of a new set of tires. I am running a 18x9 and a 18x10. A 265/35/18 and a 295/35/18 on the rear. I was thinking about buying the bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport.. Anyone ever used these tires before?? Pros and cons??? Also thinking of the firestone firehawk wide ovals??? pros and cons??

cobrafan

Last edited by a moderator:

97V8SHO

F-22 Crew Chief
Established Member
nitto 555's!!!
:kaboom: they suck...

I had some Nitto INVO's installed about 6+ months ago (275 35/18) and they're badass all the way. They handle just as good as the GS D3's I had before but for WAY less money. They are also EXTREMELY quiet for a high performance tire. I wrote up a review on these awhile back, I'm sure you can find it if you search "INVO".

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've had the 555's on for a couple years. No problems here.

OP- Why do you change brands every two sets? Are you looking for that perfect tire or just like to look around?

tistan

Established Member
+1 on the nitto 555s sucking. I never get the tread wore down before the sidewalls start dryrotting and losing air pressure. This happened on my black 04 lightning when the tires had 10k miles. It happened to the nittos that came on my cobra when I bought it. I don't know how many miles were on the cobras nitto tires, but my cobra only had 34k miles. They couldn't have had that many miles on them. I bought a silver 04 lightning a year and a half ago and it had brand new nittos on it. They started dry rotting after 15k miles. I will never put on a set of nittos or recommend them.

99 svtcobra

I've had the 555's on for a couple years. No problems here.

OP- Why do you change brands every two sets? Are you looking for that perfect tire or just like to look around?

No i just like switching tires up and seeing how the other tires perform. thanks for the info guys

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
Hell, I have close to 40,000 miles on my fronts (nitto 555's) and have no problems with them. My rears got replaced at about 25,000. That was just from driver abuse though.

SVECobraR

Established Member
Nitto NT-05's, or you can try something from the Pirelli lineup, especially in 18's they have alot of different sizes available.

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
BFG KDW's FTW

Great WET and dry traction. Last long. Look great. Not as sticky as a DR but better for a daily driver.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread