Need Opinion for New Wheels (PICS INSIDE)

Which set of wheels???

• Flat Black XXR 521's

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • XXR 521's in Gloss Black w/ Polished Lips

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Stern ST-8's

Votes: 29 47.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HoustonGT

Established Member
Well, it's about time i ditch the chrome Y2k's on the new edge and get something that everyone and their mom DOESN'T have on their mustang.
I know i'll catch a bunch of crap from some SVTP members for deciding to be different, but what the hell...
I have it narrowed down to three sets of wheels and really can't decide at all on which ones to go with. So naturally I come to SVTP and the usefulness of a poll to help me make up my mind.
Here are the 3 choices and details about one

OPTION #1: Flat Black XXR 521's (18x8.5 and 18x10) rivets will be painted black to essentially make them disappear
521_xxr_black_wheel_with_red_rivets_large.jpg

xxr5212.jpg

OPTION #2: Same XXR 521 but gloss black w/ a polished lip
xxr521chrome.jpg

OPTION #3: Stern ST-8's Hypersilver (18x8.5 and 18x9.5)
stein1.jpg

stern2.jpg

The prices are roughly the same so that doesn't affect my decision, but all three wheels have the same problem; not a single picture of them on a New Edge mustang, so I have to use my imagination. Thanks in advance

HoustonGT

Established Member
If they're going on the Red Cobra in your sig, then I vote #1 for sure.
Yup going on the laser red Cobra. Front will be lowered a bit more with some X2 ball joints and iso's have been removed as well.

The only thing keeping me from going with option #3 is that they are not available in a 18x10 and also the center bulges out a bit unlike the "flatness" and wide look of the XXR's.

Keep the votes coming guys

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Option 1 all the way, solid black. Make sure you post pics. Option 3 looks like those EVOLUTION wheels which just look strange on a Mustang. It's got a lip all the way around and they aren't even wide enough to fill the wheel well, it just looks weird. Even with a spacer it wouldn't look right IMO.

The whole point of "deep dish" is the ability to fit more tire on a wider wheel, the design looks goofy on a 8.5/9.5 staggered setup. Like something someone would put on a Nissan Maxima so they can have wheels with a lip, lol.

6401190427_large.jpg

6401190426_large.jpg

Last edited:

HoustonGT

Established Member
Well I think they might not look narrow and sit in like that with the proper offset....
Its a 20mm offset up front and 25mm out back, so it seems like they would sit fairly flush with the fender.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
25mm won't have you flush with the fender. They'll still tuck in some. FWIW, I wouldn't expect to get perfect fitment (i.e. flush the with fender) on any non-custom wheel.

hweb30

02 V6
Established Member
id go #1 for a few reasons. fitment should be easier (deep dish debate). Looks a hell of a lot cleaner being all black. Allows you to fit a wide tire with ease, so there's no question you'll be flush with the fender. How much would the #1 cost for a set of 4 18*9 and 18*10?

Last edited:

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
not a fan of any of your choices but if i had to give you my opinion on a set... it would perhaps be #3.

HoustonGT

Established Member
id go #1 for a few reasons. fitment should be easier (deep dish debate). Looks a hell of a lot cleaner being all black. Allows you to fit a wide tire with ease, so there's no question you'll be flush with the fender. How much would the #1 cost for a set of 4 18*9 and 18*10?

They actually come out to about 600 shipped for all 4, so an amazing deal for a look thats not played out but still looks mean.

Users who are viewing this thread