Need Opinions from 93 Cobra Owners on...

jspalmer01

Established Member
1. Catback
2. Shortie Headers (ceramic coated) unequal length
3. Cold Air Intake System

Been away from the 5.0's for awhile. Bought my 93 Cobra back the other day and want to replace a few things. Give me your ideas on the above.

Car currently has a dynomax catback with s/s tips. It's all rusty now.
Also has equal length bassani's, and an old moroso CAI. Thanks.

lone sailor

Established Member
My opinion,
1. Flowmaster american thunder.
2. BBK ceramic coated shorties(unequal length)
3. BBK cai,w K&N fender well filter.

9T3SVT

Established Member
For the CAI, I have always liked the BBK unit, it's a nice clean install too. The Anderson Ford motor sport is the only other CAI I'd get.

For the headers it all depends on the budget. If money doesn't matter get the JBA's. If it does BBK would be the budget conscious choice. Ceramic coatings are available on either one. I got my BBK's on Ebay for $220 new. Get the unequal ones, easier to install and change plugs on.

For the Catback I personally have always liked MAC, but it's a heated debate LOL. It's all a matter of preference but for the money, fit, and sound I have always had good luck with Mac. Their other stuff (headers included) is all junk though. The other catback I'd get would be the industry standard flowmasters. I guess I'm old school ;-)

If you do decide to get the MAC catback call www.pacificaperformance.com and talk to Dan. They are literally RIGHT NEXT DOOR to the Mac factory. Tell him that Steve from Socalstangs recommended them, he should hook you up.

Last edited:

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
I have the BBK CAI and like it fine, but metal retains a lot of heat. I'm actually planning on replacing it with a plastic CAI from Anderson Ford or JLT performance one day.

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
9T3SVT said:
For the CAI, I have always liked the BBK unit, it's a nice clean install too. The Anderson Ford motor sport is the only other CAI I'd get.

For the headers it all depends on the budget. If money doesn't matter get the JBA's. If it does BBK would be the budget conscious choice. Ceramic coatings are available on either one. I got my BBK's on Ebay for $220 new. Get the unequal ones, easier to install and change plugs on.

For the Catback I personally have always liked MAC, but it's a heated debate LOL. It's all a matter of preference but for the money, fit, and sound I have always had good luck with Mac. Their other stuff (headers included) is all junk though. The other catback I'd get would be the industry standard flowmasters. I guess I'm old school ;-)

If you do decide to get the MAC catback call www.pacificaperformance.com and talk to Dan. They are literally RIGHT NEXT DOOR to the Mac factory. Tell him that Steve from Socalstangs recommended them, he should hook you up.

I have been looking at the Mac catback for mine. What does it sound like? I have Flowmasters on mine right now. Can you kind of compare the Mac sound to the Flowmaster sound?

9T3SVT

Established Member
93_Snake said:
I have been looking at the Mac catback for mine. What does it sound like? I have Flowmasters on mine right now. Can you kind of compare the Mac sound to the Flowmaster sound?

They are close but very different, I have had both on my car and prefer the Mac myself. I will make a sound clip tonight or tomorrow so you can hear it :thumbsup:

jspalmer01

Established Member
Anybody have the magnaflow stainless catback setup. p/n 15630?

Also most reasonable place to get the unequal JBA's and the BBK CAI? Thanks.

Last edited:

f93speed

Established Member
9T3SVT said:
They are close but very different, I have had both on my car and prefer the Mac myself. I will make a sound clip tonight or tomorrow so you can hear it :thumbsup:

I agree. I have Mac unequal headers, off road H-pipe and mufflers.
I really like the sound, the only problem is that thier chrome tips suck.
They rusted within 6 months, even with care.
:thumbsup:

giz93cobra

AllWayz Sidewayz
Established Member
jspalmer01 said:
1. Catback
2. Shortie Headers (ceramic coated) unequal length
3. Cold Air Intake System

Been away from the 5.0's for awhile. Bought my 93 Cobra back the other day and want to replace a few things. Give me your ideas on the above.

Car currently has a dynomax catback with s/s tips. It's all rusty now.
Also has equal length bassani's, and an old moroso CAI. Thanks.

I have JBA unequal length headers, Bassani X-pipe Catback with Hi Flo cats, Edelbrock Quiet Thunder mufflers. I love the power, the way it sounds and the fit was amazing my exhaust seems cleaner the way it is mounted under the car. S/S tips come about 1/2inch passed the bumper and nothing hangs closer to the ground like you usually get with after market exhaust. :-D

93cobra2776

a.k.a Lee93
Established Member
I had the MAc flowpaths on my car with a prochamber for awhile. Sounded good.

CAI is only good for looks unless you upgrade the MAF and go with something like the AFM pipes.

BBK and MAC are nice for looks but offered me no performance gains

jspalmer01

Established Member
giz93cobra said:
I have JBA unequal length headers, Bassani X-pipe Catback with Hi Flo cats, Edelbrock Quiet Thunder mufflers. I love the power, the way it sounds and the fit was amazing my exhaust seems cleaner the way it is mounted under the car. S/S tips come about 1/2inch passed the bumper and nothing hangs closer to the ground like you usually get with after market exhaust. :-D

Confused...which catback do you have with the bassani X pipe?

Users who are viewing this thread