need pics of remote oil cooler/bypass thermostat mounting

RoadRash

Established Member
Guys, I have been searching all over for pics of remote oil cooler installations. I've got a Mocal 13 row cooler, Mocal bypass oil thermostat and a canton remote oil filter (from my MM kit). I am also not using the stock cooler but using the frpp block oil/coolant adapter.

So for those who have done it, where did you mount all this stuff? The remote filter adapter will probably go on the bumper support, above the fog light, like MM suggests. I've been fabing up some brackets to mount the cooler in front of the radiator in the front grill area (on the left). Then I can mount the bypass thermostat on the right side and snake the lines into the fog light area and back to the motor. This will also use a min amount of bends with all the lines. All of the lines are -10an stainless.

So how did you do it?? Ideas welcome :beer:

4989_1935_large.jpg

MOC-10AN.jpg

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
Some of us cut the fender liner and mounted the cooler in front of the driver wheel where the fender liner used to be. I don't have a picture of it but there are a few around. Probably at least 2 years back+.

RoadRash

Established Member
I have seen that thread but I don't think the pictures come up any more. I did find this one though:

92299.jpg

Any one have some better pics? I need to see mounting points.

Last edited:

RoadRash

Established Member
Thanks Camp. That looks good. Looks like a similar setup. How wide is the oil cooler?

edit: found another thread you posted on:
Earls 25 row 'extra wide' cooler (7 3/4x14x2) which is the largest which will fit w/o modification;
Mocal oil thermostat;
Evans supplied remote oil filter mount (which is quite generic), oil temp out/ oil press in;
angle aluminium mount, Home Depot shim aluminium for boxing, socketless lines.

oilcooler1.jpg

oilcooler2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread