Need price opinions/advice on a 03 cobra!

NY03SonicConv.

Established Member
I bought my s.b. Vert from the original owner in January. 7,800 mls. ,no mods for25.5. I had been looking for a Terminator for 6 months the ad popped up and I jumped on it. Keep looking

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought I did pretty good back in 2010 when I bought mine. About a 3 hour drive one way. I ended up paying 19,500 and it just hit 20k miles. Not the best deal out there, but it was within my budget. Car now has 29k miles.

NY03SonicConv.

Established Member
I thought I did pretty good back in 2010 when I bought mine. About a 3 hour drive one way. I ended up paying 19,500 and it just hit 20k miles. Not the best deal out there, but it was within my budget. Car now has 29k miles.
I think your deal was very good (I drove 2600 miles round trip to get mine and tow it home) I have seen some guys writing about deals similar to mine so they are out there. I wanted to spend 20, but the reality is a low mile no/slightly modified car is going for 25-30+. I think the op can find a lower mile car for the money the dealer wants for the car sitting on the lot. He has to be patient

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
If you are set on a black car something you may want to consider is the condition of the paint. While $26k is a bit high, finding a black terminator with flawless black paint can be a challenge. You may find one lower in price however the condition of the paint may not be as good which could cost you $$$$ to correct.

99Venom

I ♥ Internal Combustion
Established Member
Just offering my advice to help the OP save some money. A nice car in spring can go for up to 4k more than what it will in the late fall and winter. At least that's what I saw happen 1.5 years ago. Has the market has changed since then??

OP states he wants an 10th and apparently it's not a real one. Why pay top dollar....

Good luck with your decision keep us posted

Sent from my SM-N920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Very true, especially in the colder regions of the country. A Mustang sells much higher in the late spring/early summer.

I think it has changed the past 18 months in the favor of sellers. It's supply and demand. The sub 40k clean cars are just dwindling. A 40k mile clean car is almost bringing what a 20k mile clean car brought 2 yrs ago. These cars just continue to amaze from a value standpoint. I know many speculated for years these can't possibly be collector status vehicle because of the 19,000 total number that were produced, but they seem to be beating those odds. I think mainly because so many have been wrecked or turned into drag whores or just simply high mileage after 15 years and beat to hell

You're 100% right. Not the lowest production numbers but Terminators are still an incredible performance bargain even 14 years later. It is very difficult to find clean examples with low mileage and little to no mods. So many for sale have blower upgrades and you know they've been raced. They may be nice cars but I can't purchase something I didn't modify myself. Plus, I think there are a lot of Mustang guys that just prefer the 99-04 looks over the S-197 and S-550 cars.

1BLCKSVT

Established Member
Quick update. Decided to make the 5 hour drive to purchase the car. Everything was going perfect until I had a look under the car. Waaaaay too much rust. I was really disappointed. I'll continue looking I know theres something out there. THANKS TO EVERYONE who commented with advice/opinions. I really appreciate it!!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread