need rear susp. help!!

roostracing

Established Member
Guys need to find someone in the Houston area that can align the rear end properly and adjust pinion angle. Who can do this right??? Let me hear shops that can do it!! Thanks!

joe

txblackmach1

StockR
Established Member
you want to let them horses loose aready huh.....damn that sucks that...thats all your missing to finally run your car....so close yet so far away...dont worry you'll find someone worthy....

Last edited:

roostracing

Established Member
tell me about it....alot of time and money invested to just sit and look good! somebody out there has to know of someone who can get the rear straightened up!

Jad G

Broke but fast
Established Member
As long as the uppers are the same length as one another and the lowers are the same length as one another, the axle should be pretty close if not square. As far as adjustable uppers they have an angle finder for that. Depending on what type of bushings you are using. If all solid uppers and lowers you can go -1.5 degrees like mine. My rear u-joint looks almost straight on into my axle. Less angle means more power is transmitted through, instead of being wasted trying to turn a drivetrain set up for sloppy rubber bushings. I would do it for you if I was down in Texas, but I won't be back in houston until spring break. If you wanna wait till then I can help you out, otherwise there has to be a shop or someone capable of handling it. I did it on mine myself. It's not hard. Get an angle finder and some jackstands to put under the car, get the rear in the air, and adjust the uppers by the same amount, making sure to check the length between the upper CA bolts on either side to make sure distance is same between them. That way you don't preload the suspension. I didn't do this at first, so the suspension was preloaded and drove like shit. Now it's perfect and you can feel weight transferring much better.

Go to www.baselinesuspensions.com. I got my uppers there. There is info on how to do all of the above.

Tikigrill

Established Member
Rootsracing, please tell me what shop you used. I'm new to Houston and I need help with the install of some BMR components and lowering springs. Thanks!!!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread