Need Recommendation for a 3M clear bra installation?

Tank5879

Established Member
Protection Plus in shrewsbury.....guy does excellent work...he did my mystichrome...highly recommended!

03Slither

Established Member
Chuckstang, let me know how you make out with XtremeClean in Weymouth.

Tank5879, do you have the name of the guy that did yours?

Thanks

Tank5879

Established Member
David Renfrew....go to the 3m website and you can search for certified installers and his name is on the list

Tank5879

Established Member
I thought you said I dont know what Im talking about....you sure you really wanna know?

I think Its pretty fantastic...you can only see it when dust sort of collects at the edge, and i would suggest being super careful when waxing...even zaino shows at the edge...next time I wax Im gonna probably stay away from the edges...judging by the complexity of the cut of film..i wouldn't try to install it myself...there are way too many corners and radused shapes that would be easy to ruin, like kink or whatever.. I wish I did it when I first got the car with 760 miles on it as opposed to now at like 4500....I mean, I keep it super clean and Im super anal but you can see the few chips I had under it....I am alot less worried driving it now and did it before the SVTOA even at Summit Point...very glad I did! so if your thinking of doing it, the newer the better!

03Slither

Established Member
Tank,
Can you PM the cost of bra with install? How long did it take them to install it?
Thanks

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
if you could post a few pic's tank i would appreciate it. My 03 cobra has 6700 miles on it and the front end is still in really good shape...i was thinking of putting this on there but i am not a fan of the line it leaves...its to much of an eye sore for my taste. However it sounds like the one you have is a little better than some of the other clear bra's out there.

thanks

Tank5879

Established Member
im not a big fan of the line either, and you really have to look to find it...i was a little sloppy when i waxed it so it is more visible now than when i first got it...from 2-3 feet away you cannot see it....but, even careful with wax you do get some dust stuck on it, and my car being dark it is more visible...i am more anal than most and am very satisfied...the protection outweighs the line...

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
Just don't travel behind trucks, I got a golfball size rock thrown at my Camry.

Tank5879

Established Member
Mine was $595 installed for the front cover, fenders, hood and mirrors..plus I had some custom work done which went past the $595....

chuckstang

Established Member
Hey Tank, I may give them a try when I get my car, $600 installed for doing the front bumper, hood, and fenders seems pretty good to me

Some put it on their rear bumper as well? I actually think right above the windsheild would help a ton!

chuckstang

Established Member
How do you all think it would look to put smoked 3m over the headlights, fogs and signals??

I thought it would look real cool on a black car.

I figure it would be wise to protect the headlights as well since they are not cheap to replace

Users who are viewing this thread