Need some 2.3 Whipple help Guys!

cobra9903

Born11/22/02 No.3935/8394
Established Member
So I installed the blower to find out that I pretty sure the boost bypass valve isn't working. Is hard to see but I marked the arm with a marker and its not moving at all. I assume it should open as soon as the car starts, I have not taken the car out for a drive but it Idles fine and pulls 15-18 pounds of vacuum. Can I use the factory valve off my eaton, or need to order whipples. Guess I will be pulling the blower again what a pain:fm:

Last edited:

cobra9903

Established Member
I pretty sure the lines are right I held up my eaton valve and put the line on it and the valve open right up. It should open under vac and close on boost correct?

cobra9903

Established Member
Yes it should. Can you move it manually?

I loosened up the bolts and it moves in and out but I cant get my hand on the arm that works the butterfly. I guess Im just gona pull it. What I really need to know now is will the factory Eaton boost bypass valve work on the whipple or should I just go ahead and order a new one. It cost over a hundred dollars which isn't that bad but I thought if I had a perfect one why not use it.

Mystic03

Established Member
I loosened up the bolts and it moves in and out but I cant get my hand on the arm that works the butterfly. I guess Im just gona pull it. What I really need to know now is will the factory Eaton boost bypass valve work on the whipple or should I just go ahead and order a new one. It cost over a hundred dollars which isn't that bad but I thought if I had a perfect one why not use it.

no an eaton one wont work you need one from whipple

Yellow_rag

Few SVT Poster
Established Member
You may already know this but you can pull the whole inlet elbow off the whipple while its still on the car and the bypass is included. There's no oil in there. Bolts are hard to get to though. Maybe easier than pulling the whole thing for you, I dont know. Hope that helps!

Yellow_rag

Few SVT Poster
Established Member
hey, here's a pic of the back of the whipple. You can see the bypass and the bolt pattern if you plan to go that route.

Also, here's a pic of the supercharger removal tool I used. I strapped a 2x4 to it so its very easy to lift off/on. To install the supercharger i sawed the heads off 4 mounting bolts to IMAG0144.jpgacts as alignment studs. This helped a lot. Good luck!SC removal tool.JPG

cj428mach

Established Member
do you have access to a vacuum pump so you can test it on the car while watching it?

cobra9903

Established Member
do you have access to a vacuum pump so you can test it on the car while watching it?

I do not, but I know I have 15 pounds of vac both of my gauges are reading that and like I said I unhook the line right form the whipple valve to the eaton and the eaton valve opens right up. Just wish it was as easy to get to as the Eaton's.
I had one guy saying He thinks I can use my Eaton valve on the whipple, guess we'll find out this weekend.

cobra9903

Established Member
UPDATE! Took the blower off tonight Used the 2x4 trick worked slick as hell, anyway pulled the boost bypass valve off and the factory Eaton valve was almost identical. Bolted right on and I did get a vacuum pump and it works great. Its fully open at 10 pounds of vacuum. Bolt it on and get on the dyno. Hopefully no more problems!!

Users who are viewing this thread