Need some advice on what direction to go

Sick SVT

Established Member
So my current setup is a tvs with 3.0 pulley at 18-19 lbs on 91. I was talking to my tuner today about getting a race gas tune on 108. I don't have e85 close to me so that's out. He said he would up my timing from 18 to 21 or 22. He also said that if im going to run race gas he would pulley down to a 2.8 which would be around 21psi. It's not a daily driver and really only sees track time and occasional weekend cruise. Would you guys pulley down on race gas? I don't want to push it too much as I don't want to build the motor just yet but it's very tempting.

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
Hell ya pulley that bad boy down, the motor will hold it if your tuner knows what hes doing.

Sick SVT

Established Member
I am also throwing the idea around of adding meth instead of race gas. Leaving the 91/torco tune and add a kit from AIS. Out here in the az heat I think I would get more benfits from the cooling effect of meth.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
So my current setup is a tvs with 3.0 pulley at 18-19 lbs on 91. I was talking to my tuner today about getting a race gas tune on 108. I don't have e85 close to me so that's out. He said he would up my timing from 18 to 21 or 22. He also said that if im going to run race gas he would pulley down to a 2.8 which would be around 21psi. It's not a daily driver and really only sees track time and occasional weekend cruise. Would you guys pulley down on race gas? I don't want to push it too much as I don't want to build the motor just yet but it's very tempting.

A 2.8" pulley will put you at ~18-19lbs.
A 2.6" will be about 20-21lbs.

gabe1530

Banned
I am also throwing the idea around of adding meth instead of race gas. Leaving the 91/torco tune and add a kit from AIS. Out here in the az heat I think I would get more benfits from the cooling effect of meth.

if i didnt have anything but 91 around me i would go this route.
run it 100% and get a big 5 gallon tank for the trunk. if you 50/50 it, the gains would be minimal.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
From what I gathered on this forum, many guys running the 3" pulley are in the 17.5-18.5psi range.

Users who are viewing this thread