Need some advice

wmccormick

Established Member
My car in stock trim with just a k&N replacement dynoed at 366 rwhp. My first vist to the track with this car resulted with a best of 13.4 at 109 My 60 ft was 2.14 I know Practice practice. since then I have added the magnaflow cat back and high flow x-pipe still with the K&N replacement. I made another vist to the track thinking I would pull some 12.7 or so with the exhaust addition. My best was 13.3 at 111 mph increase but time is still low 60ft was 2.23. Let me mention that my cat back is not welded but I see no signs of a leak. The numbers do not add up I know I need to improve my 60ft times but still i only see a 12.90 or so if i were to nail the 60ft. I have a 10" S&B air filter on the way hoping this will get me some where. Dose anyone think I should try and but the stock h-pipe back on? I remember some one stating they lost a lot of lo end torq on the dyno with the magnaflow x pipe.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
wmccormick. Sorry bro but launching the cars is a bit tricky & hard to get just right. Once u do u should see ur 60' drop to the 1.8 or 2.00 which will bring u closer to ur desired ETA.

Id personally lost TQ but the tunder did the fix for me. If u dont feel a difference of the line, prior to the x-pipe then u shouldnt of lost any tq.
It was noticeable for me since i dropped 18tq from 2500rpm.

Weather is a bit factor & also the track prep. My last exp. on the track was not cool at all. All run's with wheel hop so couldnt get any good times.

wmccormick

Established Member
I am going to wait for a nice cool night before I go back to the track. It was about 90 degrees that night and humid as hell thats Texas for you. I just thought with the addition of the exhaust I would see a better improvement. I am also going to try out another drag strip here in town to compare track conditions.
Thanks in advance for all the input.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by wmccormick
I am going to wait for a nice cool night before I go back to the track. It was about 90 degrees that night and humid as hell thats Texas for you. I just thought with the addition of the exhaust I would see a better improvement. I am also going to try out another drag strip here in town to compare track conditions.
Thanks in advance for all the input.

The weather plays a HUGE part down here. Summers suck for racing. You'll get good times from Dec-Mar. :rollseyes

What track did you go to? SAR? If so, I don't recommend going to Alamo. You'll roll forward at the line, hit a big bump at the 1/8th mile mark and have to dodge wild animals at the 1/4. You must also get on the brakes HARD after the beams or you'll end up in the field.
If you went to Alamo first, then you're in for a treat when you go to SAR. There's no grass growing between the lanes!!

I'm going tomorrow (6/29) for the car club shootout. Should be able to get some good runs in before 12. PM me if you want to go.

wmccormick

Established Member
Hi there is your name Tracy? if so I meet you at the San Antonio stangnet show and shine. I was parked acroos from the row of 03 sonic blue cobras. At the time I did not have a cobra I had my viper blue 92 coupe parked. We chated for a while my name is Bill by the way. Any how I did go to Alamo, I know the track stings but it is close and I really wanted to run the car. What event is going on tommorow and what time are yall going to meet?

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Hi there is your name Tracy? if so I meet you at the San Antonio stangnet show and shine. I was parked acroos from the row of 03 sonic blue cobras. At the time I did not have a cobra I had my viper blue 92 coupe parked.
I met you too, Bill :) . I was the Sonic Blue coupe in the corner, across from you...

Glad you found the board and welcome :beer:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Hey Bill...yes, I'm Tracy.
Tomorrow is the Car Club Shootout...but you don't have to belong to a car club. I'm going for time trials. Not sure who all is going yet but the gates open at 10 and I'll be there then.

Welcome to the site. :beer:

wmccormick

Established Member
Thanks I am going to try and make it, I have been wanting to go to SARW. I have a pair of BFG drag radials on my coupe I have been thinking of throwing them on the cobra. I am a little worried about the half shafts on the IRS though since the cobra and the IRS thing is new to me. Are you still running on yor stock tires?

wmccormick

Established Member
Jimbo, nice to meet up with you finally. Well as you can see I just could not resist the 03 snake bite, after going to a few shows and talking to some 03 owners I was on a mission to get me one. I sent you a PM, I look forward to talking with you. Are you going to San Antonio raceway tomorrow?

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Are you still running on yor stock tires?
No. Just put on a new set of BFG DR's this week. I did break a halfshaft on Nitto DR's a few months ago, but I had really bad wheel hop in the car since new.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Jimbo, nice to meet up with you finally. Well as you can see I just could not resist the 03 snake bite, after going to a few shows and talking to some 03 owners I was on a mission to get me one. I sent you a PM..
You too. It is a nearly irresisitable urge for Mustang enthusiasts, eh? :beer:

You have a response :-D

Users who are viewing this thread