Need some advice.

Solopony

Established Member
So this may sound pretty immature especially since we're both 25 but I need some advice on the topic. After 8 hours of tailgating and drinking me and a good friend of mine got into it. There was shit talking for hours leading up to this and we should've squashed it a long time prior. Well my buddy came to a breaking point near then end of the game and flipped me out of my folding chair while I was watching the game. I got up enraged about that and he was talking shit and coming at me while I was getting up. I ended up jacking him in the mouth which knocked him down and then got on top and threw a few more till I was pulled off. He ended up with a split lip requiring 4 stitches and I had and sore fist for a few weeks(there's still a lump on my hand.) Well I tried calling him that night when I heard he had to make a er visit(because I left right after it happened) and he told me he didn't want to talk for a few weeks and hung up. Well I respected that even though it is girl like and just finally called him today. I figured I should wait till he didn't have to look at his wound every day. I basically told him what happened (he claimed blackout) and that it was all the alcohols fault but still offered an apology which he accepted. The problem here is that he asked if I wanted to help pay his ER visit (he has insurance.) I pretty much avoided that because it was against my morals pretty much. The dude does well for himself and makes more than I do not to mention he brought it to a physical action. I realize maybe I should just step up and do it but I'm not sure if it's right. I guess it's not worth losing a friend over but I ruined a nice shirt and pair of jeans because of his blood and dumbass move.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
damn dude!

Smack talk + alcohol = not very wise, easy way to lose some good friendships.

I'm a Ga Tech fan and I love giving UGA fans hell just for the hell of it, but never take it too seriously.

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
F him, he started it you ended it. No need for you to pay for his mess up. If he is still being a ASS Clown then he isnt a good friend anyway.

ToyoFl

Established Member
honestly you man'ed up and offered him an apology, and respected his wishes and gave him time to cool off. If he basically wants you to wipe his a** for him, and be his bit** by paying for his mistakes as well, then I say F him. It was a little fistfight between friends, I've been there done that, and the real friends are the ones who can put this all behind yall...if not like I said he doesn't deserve to be your friend

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
It was a little fistfight between friends, I've been there done that, and the real friends are the ones who can put this all behind yall...if not like I said he doesn't deserve to be your friend

^ +1

Sounds like you came to your senses and he hasn't.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
It's my experience that people that drink themselves to blackout (myself included a few times in my life) act like complete A-HOLES. He says he was blacked out and he took it from a talking level to a physical level and you finished it, you don't owe him anything for his medical bills. I generally don't talk too much crap to people that I know can beat me up, friends included. Maybe your friend should take that advice.

You went above and beyond to offer an apology, if he tries to blame you any further, remind him about how much of an ass he is when he blacks out.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
If it is the principle of it: he escalated it to the physical stage, not you. You owe him nothing.

If it is the friendship: you need to decide which is more important, the friend or the money.

My opinion: He did not black out. A convenient excuse not to have to deal with being the instigator AND the loser. He wants you to pay to salve his ego. He's showing you exactly what kind of friend he is. Go find another friend.

Jim Snover

Solopony

Established Member
You guys all confirmed what I was thinking. We have a lot of mutual friends and will see each other a lot. I am pretty much going to ignore the asking for money part and see the fact he accepted my apology. It does suck he didn't offer one back. I think more than anything his pride is hurt from getting beat up in front of a group of friends. The only battle scars I ended up with are on my fist.

Users who are viewing this thread