Need some advice...

Black FiVE.0

Established Member
Hey guys I just picked up a 2012 auto GT and was going to do some mods to it I was thinking of 4:10 gears and LCA and when I go to the track a set of 15x8 wheels with some mickey tompsons et streets and try an hit a low 12 second run but what's every ones thoughts on auto with 4:10 gears and what's the top speed for 4th gear don't wanna be hitting 5th in the quarter

Black FiVE.0

Established Member
I know couple of guys with auto's and 4.10 gears . All have 28" tall tires and are crosing in forth gear.

Do you have any idea what kinda ET there running with that set up cause it's either that or some power mods like a boss manifold and and intake only thing I like about the gears and tire is that I can sleep at night knowing my warrantys there

Omcar

Established Member
If you have an auto and have a dealer install gears your warranty will be voided for your abs system and rear end.
My dealer told me this when I wanted 3.73s installed.

PhantomX

Established Member
Hey guys I just picked up a 2012 auto GT and was going to do some mods to it I was thinking of 4:10 gears and LCA and when I go to the track a set of 15x8 wheels with some mickey tompsons et streets and try an hit a low 12 second run but what's every ones thoughts on auto with 4:10 gears and what's the top speed for 4th gear don't wanna be hitting 5th in the quarter

Why change the wheels at all, I did a 1.72 60' on stock tires with a 12.10 @ 115. I have 3.73's which is about as tall as you want to go. 3.73 with stock size tire will be a great combo and still be great as a daily driver or road trip car. 4:10 and you'll need to run a 28" tall all the time or your mpg on interstate runs is really gonna suck.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

Before you change the gears, install a CAI/Tune combo and you will probably achieve your goal of low 12's on street tires.

Also, punctuation is your friend and makes reading your posts a lot easier.;-)

Users who are viewing this thread