need some advice

03 SVT FINALLY

new SVT *****
Established Member
ok guys i know it's hard to guess sounds without hearing them, but i have a knocking/ticking noise during start ups...seems to go away for the most part after the truck warms up. but i can still hear it faintly and when you do like a rev up, as the RPMs fall back down it seems to start back up.

any ideas would help thanks, matt

xsboost

Established Member
did you do a oil change recently. If so make sure you use the factroy oil filter FL-820S
the S in the part # is for stopping the oil from draining out of the filter after shut down
worth a shot Good luck

03 SVT FINALLY

new SVT *****
Established Member
its not time for one yet...prob around another 1k or so...but thanks for the tip i run that filter in both of my cars
not much i didnt know haha but your reply is better then none if i didnt :idea:

03LCalgaryAB

Established Member
Do any work to your truck lately? I noticed you have shorty headers. I know with longtubes you will be able to hear a lot more ticking.

FireGuy

Clear As Mud
Established Member
Better get out and check for loose spark plugs asap. In a lot of cases, the ticking sound is loose plugs or a header leak. Other less important sounds are louder than normal injectors (not so much a problem as it is an annoyance)

If the plug blows, it will usually need an insert and it takes out the coil pack.

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
did you do a oil change recently. If so make sure you use the factroy oil filter FL-820S
the S in the part # is for stopping the oil from draining out of the filter after shut down
worth a shot Good luck

You are kidding right? The S is for short. OP start simple. Check plugs and for any exhaust leaks.

Users who are viewing this thread