Need some help from the nitrous guys...

CBudweiserC

Established Member
Hey, I just bought a set of NGK TR6's. I need to know what a good gap to set these in if I were to be spraying a 60-80 shot on my 00GT. I believe the stock gap is .054 and that's on a plug that is a little hotter (NGK TR5's). I've heard a lot of different stories and I don't know which one's are right. I've heard .035 .056 and .040. Which one should I do?? I don't want to do trial and error cause you guys know how much a pain it it so get fuel all over your engine from taking the rails out and all. ANy help would be great.

juicedgt02

Established Member
I was told to do then a.35 I am running a 125 shot, but havent upgraded my plugs yet, will soon thou. I never replaced the spark plugs on any 4.6 engine and it seems like it is a bitch to do. Got any advice? My car is a 02 GT

CBudweiserC

Established Member
It's not that bad. Some people say to take your fuel rail out but don't. The coils will have enough flexibility to get out without taking it out. The passenger side bank is a little more difficult. The cylinder closest to the firewall (#4???) is a bitch but the rest is easy. I would change your plugs out soon though. I think that's too hot of a plug to be running. Just MO though. I pulled a couple out that was white on the electrode. Running a little lean so I gotta tune it or fix it somehow.

juicedgt02

Established Member
Sweet thanks for the info:beer: I was looking at it last night and the #4 plug was giving me a little trouble, I mean it looked the most difficult one, and it is good to know that I dont need to remove the fuel rails, now that looked like a PITA. And I see you went with the TR6s, good choice as I see most people use them.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread