Need some help with my slicks... Car pulls to Left?

Bosko

Established Member
I bought some MT 17" ET Streets and are mounted on stock wheels. I have the stock wheels and tires up front.

When ever I accelerate "moderatly"or More the car wants to go to the left and I have to correct to the right a little with the steering wheel to keep straight.

I went to the track and it wanted to do it then also. Its kinda scary 3rd Gear pedal to the floor and the left guard rail gets closer and closer hoping you dont overcorrect or hit a sandy/slippery spot on the track and get Fubar'd.

Does anyone else have this or similar problem??? Or have an idea what it maybe. I would REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!

It only does this when under accleration with the slicks. When I have my regular street tires on it doenst do anything funny like that.

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
Are these the brand new slicks that just came out? Or are they Drag radials? Any pics?

If they are true slicks my next question is have you ever dragged a car with slicks on it? No steel belts = lots of slop/movemant as the tire carcass moves over the tread surface. If you are doing the 1 wheel peel it could be a worn out trac-loc unit. Make sure they are aired to within 1lb of each other. A little more info and maybe we can help.

Jerry

Bosko

Established Member
Yes they are the New Mickey Thompson Et Streets 17".

Ill take some pictures tommarow when the sun comes up.

Yes , I have NEVER driven with slicks before. Sunday was my 1st time at the track with slicks. I launched at 4,000 and it just bogged and fell on its butt. The track was so busy I couldnt wait around another 3 hours to get another run in.

When I was driving them on the street they were both at 20psi.

When I got to the track I put them at 15psi.

I heated them up for a couple seconds with the line lock and they were both spinning at that time...

It pulls to the left on Every road I have driven it on and freeway but only when I "get on it".

This doesnt happen when I have regular "radials" on the car.

Last edited:

Brian97vobra

Established Member
Don't worry that's normal. I drive my cobra around with the slicks on it and yeah everytime i give it a little bit of gas it will want to move to one side. I have found out that having more air pressure in them helps out greatly, but that's only for the street. At the track youi have to run low air pressure but i don't really notice it pulling too bad at the track though.
I'm guessing it's just a reaction and once you stay in the throttle it really shouldn't pull to the side quite as noticeable as if you just stab the throttle for a second.

Silver 03 Cobra

I know 16 inch ET Streets pull especially on a track. With low air pressure they are a handfull. I wouldn't recommend driving these things on the street very much. You will not get many miles out of them and in the rain they are useless.

Users who are viewing this thread