Need some help!

GIDIEUP

Established Member
I am posting this in the 03 Cobra section because I have been told that 03s can experience the same problem as the 99s and 01s. My question....

Is not having the MILs directly proportional to having a fuel gauge that does not move???:shrug:

The reason why I ask this is because I recently installed a ProChamber(some of you might remember) and 250 miles later the check engine light comes on. I'm sure this is because I do not have the MILs wired to my o2 sensors. Since my check engine light has come on I noticed my fuel gauge is 'stuck' on full. I know it can't possibly be full since I have driven 120 miles since the check engine light came on. My fuel gauge has always worked before.

Could my check engine light be throwing other things off as well? Has anyone else ran into this problem before. I plan on doing some research and getting a pair of MILs to install, but in the meantime I wanted to know if anyone else experienced this problem.

Cheers:beer:
Ryan

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by GIDIEUP
I am posting this in the 03 Cobra section because I have been told that 03s can experience the same problem as the 99s and 01s. My question....

Is not having the MILs directly proportional to having a fuel gauge that does not move???:shrug:

The reason why I ask this is because I recently installed a ProChamber(some of you might remember) and 250 miles later the check engine light comes on. I'm sure this is because I do not have the MILs wired to my o2 sensors. Since my check engine light has come on I noticed my fuel gauge is 'stuck' on full. I know it can't possibly be full since I have driven 120 miles since the check engine light came on. My fuel gauge has always worked before.

Could my check engine light be throwing other things off as well? Has anyone else ran into this problem before. I plan on doing some research and getting a pair of MILs to install, but in the meantime I wanted to know if anyone else experienced this problem.

Ryan

Back to the top:)

Could someone please help me on this topic?:shrug:

Ryan

jumpinjackflash

Established Member
There might be more than one tripped code. Go to an auto parts store and have the codes read.

Let us know what the they says and we can go from there. If it's P0460 thru P0464 you've got a problem with the fuel level sensor or wires going to it. See www.obdii.com/codes.html for a list of the codes.

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by jumpinjackflash
There might be more than one tripped code. Go to an auto parts store and have the codes read.

Let us know what the they says and we can go from there. If it's P0460 thru P0464 you've got a problem with the fuel level sensor or wires going to it. See www.obdii.com/codes.html for a list of the codes.

Jack,

Thanks for your speedy reply. Can I go to any auto parts store? I have an autozone close by. I figured I would have to go into a ford dealership in order to get the codes read, but if I can save 70 bucks an hour I'll take it to autozone:)

Just kinda weird how both the fuel gauge stopped working when the check engine light came on. Wasn't sure if it was related my ProChamber. Only time will tell.

Ryan

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by jumpinjackflash
I had a code read at Autozone yesterday. They'll help you out.

Thank you, I'll do that tomorrow. Hopefully it isn't something very serious.

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread