Need some help...

weareweird69

SVT Addict.
Established Member
I can NOT figure out WTF is causing my 03 to do this...

Anytime I drive the car, lately its been worse, but when I take the brake off, the BRAKE light STAYS on, and it will ONLY go away when I get into the throttle enough to make boost, and as soon as I let off the throttle, it comes back on.

Sometimes it will go off, and stay off, but as soon as I get on the brakes hard, its back on again. Back into boost, and its off. It usually only stayed on and off for the first 5 minutes of driving, and then went away. But today was terrible

It was the worst today, I drove about 20 miles, with the light on and off, and on, and off. I wiggled the parking brake lever, did nothing, smacked it around a little, and it didnt help. Hit the brakes, nope, hit the brakes HARD, nope. Hit the throttle hard, it went away. Let off, came back on.

When I was backing into the garage tonight, it was on, as soon as I hit the brake and stopped (2-3mph to 0) it went off, pressed throttle, to reverse again, and it came on.

I DO NOT get it. Its the Parking Brake light on the dash, not the ABS light. Its driving me crazy, I hate having that stupid light glaring at me. :nonono:

Could the P-brake switch in the console be going bad? Or a bad sensor in the rear end? VSS maybe?

Help me guys please lol

weareweird69

SVT Addict.
Established Member
I topped off the brake fluid, so we shall see what that does tomorrow. Hope I can test it out before it rains!

The rear brakes are getting low on the car...

If that doesnt do it, I am going to tear the console out and check the P-brake sensor.

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
Also might be worth checking your alternator. The factory battery light isn't programmed to flick on until t voltage drops below 11v. By this time, other circuits are freaking out.
The brake warning light is often the one to come on first. Symptoms match...rev the motor, alternator spins up and voltage climbs, then the light turns off.

Any other issues? Like the radio cutting out or having crappy reception?

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
Mine would do the same when it was low on fluid...I never even thought to check it as the car only had 10k miles on it but it was low.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Also might be worth checking your alternator. The factory battery light isn't programmed to flick on until t voltage drops below 11v. By this time, other circuits are freaking out.
The brake warning light is often the one to come on first. Symptoms match...rev the motor, alternator spins up and voltage climbs, then the light turns off.

Interesting:pop:

weareweird69

SVT Addict.
Established Member

That IS very interesting... my girls BMW did that, her alt was dieing, and the car went into panic mode, and everything started getting all freaked out haha.

And, no, no other issues like that, but I know if it sets toooo long, the battery will get low.

Users who are viewing this thread