need some help

03 SVT FINALLY

new SVT *****
Established Member
ok guys i'm in need of some help or advice. today a friend from work and i installed a fan relay/thermostat kit for my electric fans. ok when i got the truck it had a dual fan setup but wired to be constantly running off the ignition. so i changed to a 180 degree thermostat and a fan relay kit 195 on and 185 off....here's the issue, the truck hits about 200-208 and the fans kick on, but got all the way down to about 172-175 and the fans never shut off, only if the truck was turned off. so unless the truck is turned off and sits/cools down a bit the fans stay on still...any ideas on what maybe the issue? not sure if it's the fact the thermostat sensor sits towards the bottom side of the block near the oil filter area or not?

other thing i was hoping to find out is some lowering questions. as of now it's a 2003 stock lightning suspension setup except a set of JLP lowering shackles 4" i think, that turns out to be about 2" drop on the rear to level it out since the 03-04s have a slight rake i was told....just looking to drop it a bit more and get a more agressive cleaner look. it has the oe 18" rims not 20s...any help on what's the best route that's not crazy expensive??

thanks, matt

Users who are viewing this thread