need some help

wvmailman

Established Member
I have a 89 that is extremely clean. Now the bug has bitten and I am going to build a motor. The help i need is carburator or stay fuel injected. The reason im asking this is because i want to stay as simple as possible. I don't want to get into a big computer thing as in buying a PMS or having to get the car dyno. We dont have a dyno local and its hard to get the time to go and have it done. Thanks for your help.:shrug:

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
I've been riding that fence for a few yrs now. I've been leaning towards a carb but have finally decided to keep it sequential FI. IMO the quickfuel carbs are good and allow for fine tuning so you can get it just the way you want it. But...what changed my mind was a balance of three things.
1) As weather / seasons change so will your settings... or performance. Just one afternoon & evening at the dragstrip can make for decent a/f changes.
2) Car value. Carbs don't scare me. But there are buyers out there who won't want to even look at it for fear of the unknown. IMO that would be most buyers for a fox.
3) I plan on road trips and almost every yr go to the mountians. Its not often.. but it'll be nice to not have to deal with a fat a/f at altitude. Especially out west where you can be above 3500ft for days at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread