Need some ideas on where a leak could be coming from....

warpd

Established Member
The tunnel right above where the driveshaft and trans meet is covered in some type of fluid I couldn't really tell because it was black/brown from all the garbage from the road sticking to it. I cleaned that all off with degreaser and noticed more fluid but it doesn't look red like transmission fluid. My first thought was tailshaft seal (it doesn't really look like there is any leaking trans fluid around the seal itself) but I know my rear end is leaking and I have heard that the gear lube could possibly run up the driveshaft...So what are ya'lls opinions on what it could be..

Also the leaked fluid goes back as far as I can see down the driveshaft/trans tunnel...

Last edited:

03cobramanIII

Banned
sound like a rear trans seal, your should have the dust boot on it pinch it at the bottom and pull down , to see if oil comes out the boot,some dont have the dust boot . also i seen where the yoke on the driveshaft is loose shake the yoke up and down you might have a bad tailshaft bushing too, check yoke for wear where the bushing rides.

Users who are viewing this thread