Need some input on gauges

cotySRT-4

Established Member
Been looking at all kinds of different setups and it seems everyone here pretty much runs aeroforce or AEM. Are gauges 1 of those things you get what you pay for? I just can't see dumping almost a $1k in gauges by the time you add the pillar and all the sensors. Can anybody recommend any other brands?

I appreciate any help I can get!

cj428mach

Established Member
I personally would just go with the Aeroforce. Its a little more expensive on initial cost but I think in the end it'll be cheaper if you want to monitor more stuff. I'm ditching my Speedhut AFR gauge for the Aeroforce because it'll allow me to monitor more stuff with just my single column pod. I don't want to have one of those cars with multiple gauges hanging all over the place.

P Weave

Established Member
I also use the Speed Hut gauges, I've got their 30/30 Boost gauge and water temp gauge with the red SVT logo so they look stock. Then I've got an Innovative A/F ratio gauge. That's really all I need. The A/F gauge is set up to datalog so if there are any other parameters that I want to view I'll just plug in the SCT and laptop.

weaselp1

Established Member
I have the PLX DM-6 - one gauge and I have boost, oil temp + pressure and water temp all in one gauge - Its a electronic LED gauge and you can set warnings to flash if one temp/pressure goes above your set thresh hold. I am going to be adding a wideband and IAT2 sensors this spring.

PLX DM-6 | Auto Meter Car Gauge

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
Yeah...going with custom speed hut to match my Gauge cluster. The. Cobalts just don't really go with my interior.

MassDSGsvt

FORCE FED BOOST
Established Member
Here is my speed hut gauges with red SVT and black bezzel in the SOS pod.

20130124_185547_zpsskbhaf2b.jpg

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
Do you set and use the warning lights?

Looks good with black bezels, have not seen that before.

Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

cotySRT-4

Established Member
Thank you for all the replies everybody I really appreciate it. I guess all it really comes down to is I'm gonna have to save a lil bit more before I drop the money for some. Just wish they weren't so expensive :(

cj428mach

Established Member
If anyone is interested I have a Speed Hut SVT wideband gauge for an innovate LC1 (just the gauge not the controller) I'm going to be removing this week for my aeroforce. My gauge that I'll have for sale has the black bezel and looks just like MassDSGsvt's gauges. It also has the warning light that's never been hooked up, I don't want to cut my factory harness to wire it in.

Last edited:

04oxfordvert

Established Member
I have a zeitronix w/b i use and just bought aeroforce guages for the amount of info you can scan. Aerofroce all the way. Spend the cash right the first time!

Users who are viewing this thread