Need some intel on installing a Nitrous Kit

01GT5.4

Established Member
I am on the fence on which nitrous kit I should run. I've seen some people run a dry 50shot through the MAFS which doesn't sound that hard plus doesn't need to be retuned. Then others are saying a wet 100shot before the TB or a fogger under the blower is another way. I have the ingredients for a dry kit as of now, just unsure if I should install a small shot for a cooling effect or accumulate another fuel solenoid and do a wet kit. I could really use alittle more intel on what you guys are running and how you installed it. Thanks

TheRebel

Established Member
I run my dry kit spraying after the MAF as close as possible to the TB on my NA car. I'm not sure of the effects on a SC engine but that is the way I've had many FORD buffs tell me to do it. I like dry kits but I'm sure there are benefits of going wet. I just don't know if it is worth it for such a small shot.

fruhdaddy

Established Member
alot of us L guys including myself run a wet kit. Mine is setup for a 75 shot tune on race fuel for extra safety. Running the Zex wet kit with window switch, and getting my fuel of the rail with the schrader adapter. I know alot of guys on Lightning rodder running the same setup without issues

01GT5.4

Established Member
Do you think a 75shot wet will require alot of tuning? I have a hand held that I can take acouple degrees of timing through a global timing curve. Is it safe to say the wet nozzle should be mounted 4"-6" from the TB?

fruhdaddy

Established Member
I would have an actual tuner tune it for nitrous. Alot of things can go wrong if you have never done it being your mixing nitrous and boost together. Each truck is different so I cant really say yes/no with timing taken out, but I believe mine is minus 2 deg from my street tune. With out trucks people either buy the throttle body nitrous plate from Trick or tap into the upper plenum.

oem

Custom User Title
Established Member
I have a wet nozzle in the plenum right before the blower on my Cobra. It's set for a 75, and all I did was pull 2* of the global timing out with my sct. I put it on the dyno and the afr stayed spot on with the tune. Picked up 85hp/160tq, maybe able to get a little more out of it with tuning, but it runs great and the afr is fine so im content for now.

01GT5.4

Established Member
That does sound like a good spot. Plus that will be in something alittle more solid then my plastic intake. I think the base of plenum is going to be my best bet. Thanks for everyone's help, that really helps with my install.

01GT5.4

Established Member
I installed the kit the other day with the #040 N2O and #024 Fuel Jets also -3degrees of timing taking out and mix 100 octane. But when i took it for a spin, it surges when activated. Like it pulls then bogs with no detination though just the surge. I have checked the tune and the proper pill sizing but havent clecked the screens nor nozzle for blockage. Anybody had this problem?

chrisheltra

Established Member
I installed the kit the other day with the #040 N2O and #024 Fuel Jets also -3degrees of timing taking out and mix 100 octane. But when i took it for a spin, it surges when activated. Like it pulls then bogs with no detination though just the surge. I have checked the tune and the proper pill sizing but havent clecked the screens nor nozzle for blockage. Anybody had this problem?

Whats your plug gap?

01GT5.4

Established Member
I have my spark plug gap is around .038-040 and i heard i need to bring it alittle tighter. I also found nothing out of the ordinary with the filters.

Users who are viewing this thread