Need some motor swap/build Ideas!

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
I want to do a swap or build pretty soon to be able to daily drive it till I can by a good dd. Im unsure about whether to get something built or a complete swap because there are so many horror stories of family members getting built motors (even from reputable shops) and having many problems. So im leaning towards some kind of direct swap. I want to get the most bang for the buck as well since im on a teachers salary lol.

1) Brand new or used Mach 1 motor swap (or 99-01 cobra swap), which will leave enough money to build the rear and tranny, and to do some odds and ends. 456's with slicks staying NA with full bolt ons, and maybe a little juice down the road.

2.) Rebuild the stock block with forged internals for forced induction. Remember I want it to be a dd though so nothing crazy. Give me some ideas for head/intake/blower setup. But probably too expensive to be able to do the rear and tranny right away.

3.) Bite the bullit and do a full used termi drivetrain swap (last option due to cost), and not have enough to do the rear and tranny right away.

4.) Take it easy on the current high mileage motor for a while longer and gradually do the tranny and rear then later on (it would have to be much later then I planned) do the termi swap or blower build.

5.) Rebuild the stock block with forged internals for nitrous, with some ideas of motor setup.

6.) Rebuild stock block and just throw a mach 1/99-01 cobra top end set-up on it, and def have enough money to do the rear and tranny with 456's and slicks, and probably other odds and ends.

thanks for any help you can give me:beer:

pacific4v

Established Member
#5 use ur aluminum block and build a forged stroker with slightly higher comp then do a c head swap with custom cams and some spray when it's needed. That's the route I'm taking atleast. Lol

aslow02gt

Established Member
#5 use ur aluminum block and build a forged stroker with slightly higher comp then do a c head swap with custom cams and some spray when it's needed. That's the route I'm taking atleast. Lol

Forged shortblock, then run 5lbs of boost at the most if you don't want problems!!

i have had horrible luck with SC'd engined (1 Lightning and 1 Vortech'd GT)

I have, on the other hand, had great luck with N2O! :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread