Need some serious advice...

|SvT-TiPsY|

Go Cubs.....WooT!
Established Member
Alright here is the deal:

I recently went through a divorce, my finances are pretty tore up from it. I cannot afford to get the transmission repaired in the truck. I have also decided it is time to move on from the race scene. I owe $15K on the Lightning and would have to pay it off to release the title. KBB is saying for private party, my truck is worth about $16,860 in exellent condition. The truck is at Dante's house right now and he is ready to get started on rebuilding the tranny. He is willing to do the work for $1800 out the door and can have it done by the end of the month more than likely. I have a bunch of aftermarket goodies that I am willing to cut my losses on if someone were sincerely interested in purchasing the truck for $16500 or so...I will list everything she has....my questions are do you think I could list it as is for sale for $15000 and tell them they will need to replace the transmission or do I say it's for sale for $16500 and ask for the $1800 up front and let Dante get the tranny fixed and then finallize the deal and the bank will release the title....? Here is a list of what is in the truck that I will be leaving:

*Kenwood DB+ 10" subwoofer in an ported box....($500 New) 1 year old....
*Rockford Fosgate amp 500.1 ($250 New) Now 1 year old....
*Kenwood DVD/Navigation flip touch screen stereo ($2300 New) 1 year old...
*Bermuda Taillights (got in a trade) New Value - $100...1 year old....
*Halo Projection Headlights (Got in a trade) New Value - $150...1 year old...
*JLP Forced air intake (Bought used $100) 1 year old...
*C&L Plenum ($220 New) 2 years old...
*JDM Silver Bullet exhaust ($200 New) 2 years old....
*Accuflab single blade T.B ($200 New) 2 Years old....
*6lb Lower Pulley ($100) 2 Years old....
*20" Eagle Alloys (Series 212s) ($1200) 1 Year old....
*Ground Force Drop Kit 1"/3 ($300) 2 Years Old....
*160 Deg Thermostat ($60) 2 Years Old....
*Lakewood Traction Bars ($100) 1 Year Old...
*Irridium Plugs ($???) just replaced...
*DanTeS Valve Body ($100) 1 Year old...
*Cervinis Ram Air Hood ($240+$200 Paint) 2 Years Old...
*Ported Eaton ($250) 1 Year old....
*Billet upper & lower grills ($250) 2 Years Old....
*DiabloSport 4 position race chip w/ custom tunes
**Custom Paint job**

THIS IS IN NO WAY THE FOR SALE AD....just gauging the opinion of other lightning owners.....PLEASE REPLY with your thoughts....Thanks

Mike

Bootie

Established Member
Sorry about the rough times.

My thoughts are I think that's a hell of alot of aftermarket parts to cut your losses on. I would say if your determined to sell it, at least part all or some of it out to help you out. I know a bunch of guys and gals would like the opportunity at some of that stuff. Remember the book value is for a stock truck. Like Rob said, list it both ways when the time comes.

|SvT-TiPsY|

Go Cubs.....WooT!
Established Member
I understand and thank you guys for your inputs...the only thing I would consider not seller with the truck is the $3000 or so I put into the stereo.....everything else I don't want to bother with replacing with stock parts......

|SvT-TiPsY|

Go Cubs.....WooT!
Established Member
Sorry the body has about 71,000 and the engine which is now 2 years old and will come in the stack of paperwork I have has about 30,000 miles on it....

bransharksfan

2006 ST Class AutoX CHAMP
Established Member
Tipsy this sux. Well if you decide to sell some part I would take some off your hands. If you sell some of those bolt ons (cost+stock core swap) you will have the 1800 real quick!!

I'D WIN

Established Member
What happened brother...I never made it over for some of that good home cookin' you were talking about??

Either way and whatever you choose, good luck and let me know if you need anything.

todd abbott

Established Member
First off sorry, in my opinion, bring the truck back to stock or as close to as you can get and sell off all the parts, say it works out to a 500.00, thats 500.00 your up for an afternoon of swapping parts, have Dante fix the tranny and put the truck up for sale as a complete runner, after all is said and done theres no reason you shouldn't break even or better.

|SvT-TiPsY|

Go Cubs.....WooT!
Established Member
ToddAbbott said:
First off sorry, in my opinion, bring the truck back to stock or as close to as you can get and sell off all the parts, say it works out to a 500.00, thats 500.00 your up for an afternoon of swapping parts, have Dante fix the tranny and put the truck up for sale as a complete runner, after all is said and done theres no reason you shouldn't break even or better.
You don't have to apologize...I agree with you in some regards...but I just don't have time right now with work to go through that hassle. I am still considering it, at least my stereo portion...

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
I have a friend who is checking with his bank about purchasing your truck... he would want to give you the $1800 upfront to get it fixed...

Also he is in Long Beach... so it isnt far... i will keep you updated, also he has the link to this thread. I hear you already talk to my friend Kris Horton.... good luck!

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
|SvT-TiPsY| said:
Gotcha and thank you for the heads up...I go underway next week with the ship so make sure he know to email me at [email protected]

A navy boy huh? My GFs Brother in Law is a medic down at the medical hospital on base... he is supposed to be shipping out to sub school soon.. we will see.

|SvT-TiPsY|

Go Cubs.....WooT!
Established Member
Yea.....hey all I posted a thread about my thoughts on the aftermarket stuff being for sale on the truck....the thread is called "SOCAL DEAL FOR YOU, L@@K INSIDE" So check it out and tell me your thoughts....

Users who are viewing this thread