Need some steering help

Bruin08

Established Member
Ok, so this is my problem. When I am driving I notice that if I make the (face) of the wheel stright, which means turning it to the right a little the car will pull that way. Now, yes I know there is whats called road slope or somethin, I just lost the name all of a sudden, but it does it no matter what road I am on. The wheels were alligned by ford. Could it being somethin more detailed than an allignment or could it be a shitty allignment? I notice that I have to make sure I keep the wheel a little to the left when I drive so it goes stright. Also the tires arent wearing like the alignemnt is out. Any suggestions????

ImaginationLand

Turd Burglar
Established Member
Ok, so this is my problem. When I am driving I notice that if I make the (face) of the wheel stright, which means turning it to the right a little the car will pull that way. Now, yes I know there is whats called road slope or somethin, I just lost the name all of a sudden, but it does it no matter what road I am on. The wheels were alligned by ford. Could it being somethin more detailed than an allignment or could it be a shitty allignment? I notice that I have to make sure I keep the wheel a little to the left when I drive so it goes stright. Also the tires arent wearing like the alignemnt is out. Any suggestions????

Are you just saying the steering wheel is off center? The alignment shop should be able to fix that for you.

Bruin08

Established Member
thats the thing. Idk if the alignment or if the steering isnt centered right. how can I tell what is what? i mean the car pulls slighty but new orleans has extremely shitty streets

ImaginationLand

Turd Burglar
Established Member
The shop should have centered the steering wheel when they aligned the car. I would take it back to the same shop you had the alignment done, and ask them to correct it. Other things to look for are broken tie rods, rack bushings, and ball joints. If you can jack the car up, most guys recommend checking for movement in the steering by grabbing the tire at the 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock position and shaking back and forth to see if you feel any play. Thats a cheap way to kind of narrow down what might be happening. But... I would go back to the shop and have them correct it. Good luck.
:beer:

Bruin08

Established Member
The shop should have centered the steering wheel when they aligned the car. I would take it back to the same shop you had the alignment done, and ask them to correct it. Other things to look for are broken tie rods, rack bushings, and ball joints. If you can jack the car up, most guys recommend checking for movement in the steering by grabbing the tire at the 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock position and shaking back and forth to see if you feel any play. Thats a cheap way to kind of narrow down what might be happening. But... I would go back to the shop and have them correct it. Good luck.
:beer:

ok. ill have to chceck into that when i am off next.

Users who are viewing this thread