Need some suggestions.

akwhtbst

Established Member
Mods are in my signiture and on the 11.46 pass I had the stock driveshaft and 3.73 gears. I now have an aluminum driveshaft and am going back to the 3.15 gears. I have 100% stock suspension at this point and I am planning my changes for this winter.

What suspension changes can I make that will help out my 60 foot? I am running 16 psi in the tires and they hook well, the car doesn't dead hook it does spin just a little. This is my daily driver year round in Alaska, I drive 60 miles per day to and from work.

2.jpg

Last edited:

Sizeth3

Established Member
Mods are in my signiture and on the 11.46 pass I had the stock driveshaft and 3.73 gears. I now have an aluminum driveshaft and am going back to the 3.15 gears. I have 100% stock suspension at this point and I am planning my changes for this winter.

What suspension changes can I make that will help out my 60 foot? I am running 16 psi in the tires and they hook well, the car doesn't dead hook it does spin just a little. This is my daily driver year round in Alaska, I drive 60 miles per day to and from work.

View attachment 49697

A 1.59 60' is moving out on a 11 second drag radial car, I would do relo brackets and call it a day.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I would leave the suspension alone (assuming the springs are stock) and also leave the gear in... Add more power or take weight off the car.

akwhtbst

Established Member
I would leave the suspension alone (assuming the springs are stock) and also leave the gear in... Add more power or take weight off the car.

The gear swap will be simple and more of an experiment to see what gear the car likes better. I daily drive the car through the winter up here in Alaska too so the factory gear will get me a little more mpg over the winter months when the power can't be put down to the road.

The springs are stock and I don't want to lower it due to driving it through the winter, sometimes I need to push snow with the car to get home!!

Users who are viewing this thread