Need some terminator guys opinions on intake,exhaust mods and where to buy ccw rims

Thomas Morgan

Established Member
Well here we go

Ok so i am buying another 03 cobra when i get back from afghanistan. I need some answers on some questions i have. so any help would be much appreciated. :bowdown:

questions

1) What cold air kit do yall reccomend for my ride? I had the jdm intake on my old 03 but i was told after i bought it that the ones with heat sheilds are better. I was thinking of getting the rpm outlet intake. it is like $175.

2) What full exhaust do you guys reccommend? I want long tubes. I am leaning towards the jdm complete exhaust kit Lt headers, catted h-pipe and catback for like $1600. i also have been looking at the slp full exhaust, it is around the same price. i like the bassani but not to big on their midlengths.

3) I also need to know where is a good place to buy ccw rims like the ones on code3smith's sonic blue cobra?

Thanks guys for the input, i cant wait to get home and get me another terminator. sonic blue for sure.

thanks, :rockon:
Thomas Morgan

bank32

Established Member
BBK long tube,BBK x pipe,ford motorsport cat back the sound is incredible.BBK cold air it looks the best.

Thomas Morgan

Established Member
thanks for the info. i checked out the ccw website but this goverment computer will not properly load their website. i was just curious if any body knew of any other good ccw distributors.

i will check out the jlt cold air i havent seen that one yet

thomas

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
Thomas Morgan said:
Well here we go

Ok so i am buying another 03 cobra when i get back from afghanistan. I need some answers on some questions i have. so any help would be much appreciated. :bowdown:

questions

1) What cold air kit do yall reccomend for my ride? I had the jdm intake on my old 03 but i was told after i bought it that the ones with heat sheilds are better. I was thinking of getting the rpm outlet intake. it is like $175.

2) What full exhaust do you guys reccommend? I want long tubes. I am leaning towards the jdm complete exhaust kit Lt headers, catted h-pipe and catback for like $1600. i also have been looking at the slp full exhaust, it is around the same price. i like the bassani but not to big on their midlengths.

3) I also need to know where is a good place to buy ccw rims like the ones on code3smith's sonic blue cobra?

Thanks guys for the input, i cant wait to get home and get me another terminator. sonic blue for sure.

thanks, :rockon:
Thomas Morgan

First off, thank you.

1. The UPR kit sucks. I put one on mine because it was inexpensive. I changed it pretty quick to a C&L kit and the dyno proved out about 7 horse all the way through the rev range over the UPR kit. I have heard good things about the FIPK kit.

2. Every tuner I have spoken too says Bassani. I personally have an SLP catback on mine and I like it, but it may be too loud for some. Also, many shops quote a ton of time to put headers on. Usually the price of install is more than the headers, so beware. Kooks is supposed to have a good setup.

3. the CCW rims, you're on your own.

be safe

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
Thomas Morgan said:
so any good places sell the c&l kit. websites would help thanks for all the input
t

I bought mine from RPM outlet. I have also heard good things about the densecharger. Try Amazonracing.com, A ton of people on this board buy from them. They have a good rep.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
The C&L is definately not the way to go. K&N FIPK, JLT and Steeda CAI are the way to go.

All of the exhaust choices are great...

CCW only sells direct www.ccwheel.com

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
dgussin1 said:
The C&L is definately not the way to go. K&N FIPK, JLT and Steeda CAI are the way to go.

All of the exhaust choices are great...

CCW only sells direct www.ccwheel.com

I had better gains with the C&L than with the FIPK. Why is the C&L 95 MAF kit not the way to go?

hj16

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
Ditto on the C&L. K&N FIPK, Steeda and JLT are the best options. Many tuners refuse to tune a car with a C&L meter on them..... If you are going to get a new meter the SCT MAF is the ONLY way to go.

As for exhaust, I have Kooks Lonttubes and I love them, but in hindsight I would rather have gotten Bassani Midlegths for the added ground clearance.

Thomas Morgan

Established Member
now guys. when you talk about the jlt kit are you talking about the one that has the pipe that puts the filterand maf in the fender
tn_S-C%20JLT%203.jpg

:shrug:

or the cheaper one that has the short pipe with the filter and heat sheild. that leaves the air filter in the engine bay.
this
tn_pipe%20112.jpg

because correct me if i am wrong but i thought that bends after the mass air where bad for tuning. thanks for the help

thomas

Hye

Established Member
Thomas Morgan said:
now guys. when you talk about the jlt kit are you talking about the one that has the pipe that puts the filterand maf in the fender
tn_S-C%20JLT%203.jpg

:shrug:

or the cheaper one that has the short pipe with the filter and heat sheild. that leaves the air filter in the engine bay.
this
tn_pipe%20112.jpg

because correct me if i am wrong but i thought that bends after the mass air where bad for tuning. thanks for the help

thomas

the cheaper one is NOT the cold air kit
the one in the first picture is prob. what most are talking about. (i.e. the one with the grey tube, thats the cold air one)

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
kneedragger said:
I had better gains with the C&L than with the FIPK. Why is the C&L 95 MAF kit not the way to go?
like Hank said, it's a bitch to tune, and the meter does nothing but create problems.

Thomas Morgan

Established Member
hey dgussin. i thought the power pipes from jlt resembles the densecharger and i thougth those where hard to tune do to all the bends and what not.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Thomas Morgan said:
hey dgussin. i thought the power pipes from jlt resembles the densecharger and i thougth those where hard to tune do to all the bends and what not.
the location of the MAF is different on the densecharger and the JLT. The densecharger is a POS and I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. I haven't heard any complaints about the JLT. With that said I still prefer a straight shot CAI like the FIPK.

hj16

Established Member
Thomas Morgan said:
Bends BEFORE the MAF = Problems
Bends AFTER the MAF = Smooth Sailing

Thomas Morgan

Established Member
ok then so what are your thoughts on the rpm outlet cold air kit. looks to me like a less expensive version of the steeda.

hey dgussin1 where did you get your fipk

although i must say that jlt pipe would look sweet sonic blue on my ride well when i get back ofcourse

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
I got my FIPK from xtreme motorsports. They are a supporting vendor on this site. I paid $159 shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread