Need some Texas LEO help

yelostang

Established Member
I’m moving to the Tyler Texas area in a few months and I just want to make sure I understand what’s going on with bringing my car out there. Here are my questions and any help from LEO’s would be greatly appreciated.

-Do I need to pay any taxes on my vehicle (I bought it in 2003)?
-I had my windows tinted within Florida law specs so should I have them checked when I get out there or just have them redone? I lost the little paper that they gave me when I got it done. I know it's not more than 30%.
- The main thing I’m worried about is that I’ve done a turbo swap on it. Will this cause me any problems during inspection??

Thanks guys,
Josh

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
Yes, you have to pay the out of state transfer fee or something like that. I have no idea what that may run, but have heard some folks are not happy about it.

-I had my windows tinted within Florida law specs so should I have them checked when I get out there or just have them redone? I lost the little paper that they gave me when I got it done. I know it's not more than 30%.
The window tint light transmission cannot be less than 20%, so you should be okay. The window tint is an inspection item.

- The main thing I’m worried about is that I’ve done a turbo swap on it. Will this cause me any problems during inspection?? There should not be a problem here, not an inspection item. FYI, I have heard in the bigger metro areas they are going start using exhaust sniffers.

03trubluGT

Established Member
Iceman II said:
Yes, you have to pay the out of state transfer fee or something like that. I have no idea what that may run, but have heard some folks are not happy about it.

.[/COLOR]

I'm not sure about this. I think you just have to pay the for the tags (about $65).

yelostang

Established Member
Iceman II said:

The window tint light transmission cannot be less than 20%, so you should be okay. The window tint is an inspection item.

- The main thing I’m worried about is that I’ve done a turbo swap on it. Will this cause me any problems during inspection?? There should not be a problem here, not an inspection item. FYI, I have heard in the bigger metro areas they are going start using exhaust sniffers.

Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread