Need some things for the Cobra

MineralGrey

Established Member
Hey guys i need all new brakes and some shocks for my Cobra. What would you guys recommend price to quality wise. Also i have an 01 Cobra with a 03 Gt solid axle. I am thinking tokico for the shocks but i have no idea on brakes or were to get anything. Any info will be appreciated.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Unless you're planning on doing auto-x or especially open tracking your car the stock brakes are good for street use. I would get the Brembo factory replacement rotors ($60.00 ea from Tire Rack) and a set of quality pads like a Hawk HPS or Carbotech Bobcat.

For the shocks that's going to depend on your springs. Are you on stock springs or do you have a set of something like H&R's in the car? If you've got aftermarket springs I would recomend the Bilstien HD shock. It's not adjustable but it's a very good shock you won't have to worry about.

01 Venom

Established Member
I got my Bilstein HDs from Maximum Motor Sports. But since you have a solid axle you have some more choices.

I liked the Tokico Illuminas but couldnt do it at the time due to the IRS

Oh and I agree that the stock brakes are really good for street use, like torch said a good set of pads and youre all good.

99Cobra#2468

Student of the Cobra
Established Member
Torch10th said:
Unless you're planning on doing auto-x or especially open tracking your car the stock brakes are good for street use. I would get the Brembo factory replacement rotors ($60.00 ea from Tire Rack) and a set of quality pads like a Hawk HPS or Carbotech Bobcat.

For the shocks that's going to depend on your springs. Are you on stock springs or do you have a set of something like H&R's in the car? If you've got aftermarket springs I would recomend the Bilstien HD shock. It's not adjustable but it's a very good shock you won't have to worry about.

Will the Brembro factory replacement rotors show rusty color like the original rotors from the factory, near the axle area and lugs? Not sure of exact name for the location of the rotor, but the inner rotor that actually slides on to the axle and lugs? Will that part (Brembro replacement) become rusty / brown like ones from factory? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread