Need some tips for importing photos to PC

Cuyahoga Kid

Established Member
I am trying to make my life easier. I need a little advice on software to import photos from my digital camera to my PC. I want to be able to import photos while resizing and custom naming the pics as they import. I work at a car dealership, and when I take pics of the cars to upload to our website it is becoming a bit of a pain in the ass. I need to rename all of my pics by hand so that they upload automatically to the correct stock numbers on my website. I hate it. Right now, I take pictures of maybe 5 cars in a row (12 pics per car). After I import the photos I have to resize them all, then I go through and rename each photo as follows....."1108125_01" then "1108125_02", "1108125_03", etc. the first number is a stock number, then the underscore, then the 1st photo of that particular car and so on. This is taking alot of time. Is there a program, or a windows7 setting that I can get where I can hook up my camera, the import will begin, and I can punch in the stock number and the program will do the rest (resize, then name each photo how I want) automatically?? Thanks for any advice.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Dont think so, unless your camera came with software that does that.

You can download a program called "batch image resizer" or something like that that lets you select a source and destination directory and choose the final image size for the output directory. Even lets you append a prefix or suffix to resized pics if you wish to do so.

Cuyahoga Kid

Established Member
Well, that sucks. It seems as if there is an app or a program for almost everything these days. I was really hoping that there is something out there that will do this for me. I was even making do with the microsoft tool for importing when I was using windows XP. I just upgraded to windows 7, and the tool for that is not very good. Doesn't even let me choose which files I want imported for the camera and which files I do not.

Users who are viewing this thread